Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford S-Max problem
designer

posted on 15/7/17 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Ford S-Max problem

My neighbour has had a lot of personnal problems with his Mrs's mental condition and looking after three young kids.

He has a Ford S-Max and the sidelights keep turning themselves on!

The local Ford dealership want £110 to plug it into their diagnostic gear; and he hasn't got the money.
Anybody on here got an idea, or a clue? Is there a system reset to default? Any opinions would be gracefully accepted.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gremlin1234

posted on 15/7/17 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
first thing I would check would be the sidelight switch, also it probably has a relay for them too

otherwise, we really need some more detail of the problem, like does it happen randomly while the car is sitting there, or just when it is moving?
also a bit more detail about the car, for instance does it have auto headlights?

britishtrident

posted on 15/7/17 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
The light will be controlled by a smart module on one of the data buses it could be anything the only bit of DIY/freeware/low cost software that will likely talk to to it is FORScan

http://www.forscan.org/home.html

The problem could be anything but before doing anything I would try a system reset --- disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and before reconnecting the battery touch the + and - cables against each other for 10 seconds.
The car may run roughly initially on restart because any self-learned adaptions will need to re-learn.

[Edited on 15/7/17 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.