posted on 22/10/17 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Pro-Ferrari Bias never changes. viva Max

Title says it all -- sick decision. Viva Max

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

02GF74

posted on 22/10/17 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
+1 disgusting. Taking advantage? No. It's called racing.

Shooter63

posted on 22/10/17 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
As ive said before FIA = ferrari international assistance

Shooter

sdh2903

posted on 22/10/17 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Looking at it in isolation he cut the corner with all 4 wheels off the track.

Looking at it across the race it was happening every lap by every driver. They were exceeding all over the shop. They need to be consistent.

loggyboy

posted on 22/10/17 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Im a massive max fan, but was blatant corner cutting. Skypad replay even shows nearly 2 car widths between him and kimi. Sadly for max fans , on his occasion fia was right.

As for other track limit violations, no one else actually overtook someone by taking a short cut.

[Edited on 22-10-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

sdh2903

posted on 22/10/17 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
The key phrase here is "gaining an advantage". There were 2 corners on every lap where the drivers were exceeding limits all weekend. Nothing said. If there was no advantage to be gained the drivers wouldn't have done it. Max chose a different corner to exceed limits and was penalised.

They either enforce track limits or they don't. But don't pick and choose.

loggyboy

posted on 23/10/17 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote
Gaining a few 000s is very different to overtaking someone.

Mistral Motorsport

sdh2903

posted on 23/10/17 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Whether it's gaining a couple of 10ths a lap or gaining a place. An advantage is an advantage.
loggyboy

posted on 23/10/17 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Whether it's gaining a couple of 10ths a lap or gaining a place. An advantage is an advantage.

I guess me and the professional stewards and all on sky and channel 4 are wrong then.

Mistral Motorsport

sdh2903

posted on 23/10/17 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
You seem to have missed my first post or ignored it. I agreed that he cut the corner and exceeded limits to gain an advantage. My whole point is the lack of consistency in the stewards policing of track limits.

The simplistic analysis is If having all 4 wheels off the track is deemed acceptable at 2 turns every lap why not at the corner max overtook?

russbost

posted on 23/10/17 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Im a massive max fan, but was blatant corner cutting. Skypad replay even shows nearly 2 car widths between him and kimi. Sadly for max fans , on his occasion fia was right.

As for other track limit violations, no one else actually overtook someone by taking a short cut.

[Edited on 22-10-17 by loggyboy]

Well I've just watched it back & it's true all 4 wheels did leave the track for a fraction of a second HOWEVER, the reason was that he was avoiding Kimi as Kimi closed in on him from the outside, had Max not dived to the right then they would have made contact, he (Max) makes a very obvious steering adjustment to the right to avoid Kimi, prior to that had he followed the line he was on all 4 wheels would certainly not have left the circuit, so he's been penalised for avoiding an accident! Even Kimi has said he has no idea why Max was penalised! I think it's a poor decision by the stewards, presumably they would be happier if everyone just followed round in a procession!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
gaz_gaz

posted on 23/10/17 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
The FIA should have a zero tolerance policy on track limits.
The drivers are the best in the world at finding the quickest way around a race track. the fact so many of them where running 4 wheels wide of the lines lap after lap shows there was an advantage to be gained.
Perhaps they should install stingers??

My initial thoughts where great overtake but every replay made it clearer it wasn't legal in my eyes.

Seriously though.. I bet almost everyone watching was looking forward to Kimi arriving in the cool down room you see the reactions

designer

posted on 23/10/17 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
F1 racing has got a bit silly and is just a travelling circus; nothing more. It was stage managed by Bernie, and his influence will stay untill it all changes whenever.
lewis will be champion this year, next year and, probably, the year after. Thats what Bernie organised when the formula changed to what Mercedes asked for.

Cars should stay within the track at all times, The tracks have caused this problem as, over the years, they laid extra tarmac on the outside exits to accomadate the cars.

The cars should accomodate the track!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hearbear

posted on 23/10/17 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Start putting gravel at these corners again as most of the tracks have huge areas there wouldnt be a problem if a car went off, as to the Max incident they were all told before the race track limits were not being enforced so why enforce this one? Or is it just because of the Ferrari International Assistance

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

WallerZero

posted on 23/10/17 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
I thought it was a great move, proper joy to watch!

The inconsistency is the issue. If you completely cut a corner but don't overtake someone, is that ok then? Even (for example) if it gains you 3 seconds? When tenths of seconds can decide pole positions or overtakes, there needs to be consistency with such a sweeping statement of "gaining an advantage" as 0.001s is still an advantage is it not? I'm sure a few fastest laps in quali used a similar line, that could have been the difference between a grid place or not.....

If they want it to stop, whack a bloody great concrete bollard there. That would sort it

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenko

posted on 23/10/17 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Question.....Lap one, first corner Seb goes in hot, on exit he goes over the white lines with all four wheels. Now, on said corner there are in fact two sets of white lines, but the ones in question are the same ones that Max went over (obviously on a different corner), but the ones that define the edge of the track: Vid here

So, the fact that Seb appeared to gain an advantage ( all be it on the corner exit) by crossing the lines did not even register. How can the Max move be illegal?.

The big question all this is the precedent, if it was an isolated case, Im sure it would be a no brainer, but clearly it wasn't and I also agree with the previous comment regarding avoiding a collision. Again, I don't think there was any intent in Kimmi's driving, and clearly if max had stayed on track he would have hit him.

For me it just spoilt the race, the excitement of seeing Max come from 16th to a podium was amazing, you are then left feeling a bit flat because of inconsistency in the application of rules.........

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenko

posted on 23/10/17 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
In fact, just screen grabbed this.........Sebs exit out of first corner while overtaking:
click

[Edited on 23/10/17 by Jenko]

loggyboy

posted on 23/10/17 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Max was off kerb.

MaxVerstappen
MaxVerstappen

And kimi gave him more than a cars width.

MaxKimi
MaxKimi

He just over cooked his idea by a foot or so. Much less and he would have had a good case for legit overtake.

Mistral Motorsport

russbost

posted on 23/10/17 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
So Vettel was off track by about 6 inches, Max was off by about a foot, Vettel is legit, Max isn't??? Sorry, but it's a bl**dy joke! As others have said, ANY corner cutting or overstepping probably results in an advantage, but apparently unless it involves an actual overtake then that's OK - the stewards' decisions just aren't consistent & THAT is the problem

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jenko

posted on 23/10/17 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what the difference is between Seb being off and Max being off, they both look like they are over the white lines....

hearbear

posted on 23/10/17 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko
Not sure what the difference is between Seb being off and Max being off, they both look like they are over the white lines....

One drives a Ferrari and one drives a Red Bull that may answer that question.

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.