Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Legal advice after selling car
Benzine

posted on 28/5/19 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
^ this
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul_Arion

posted on 28/5/19 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Again as above - he has absolutely no leg to stand on. Certainly don’t give in to his bullying - he’s trying it on and probably hasn’t even spoken to a “recovery” company but just trying to scare you into giving him money. Offer him anything and you could weaken your own case if he was stupid enough to take it to a solicitor as it could be inferred there was faults not disclosed. Politely tell him to bugger off
steve m

posted on 28/5/19 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Don't pay a penny, as by doing so, you will admit liability on your behalf

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

nero1701

posted on 31/5/19 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Any further update on this?
Mr Whippy

posted on 31/5/19 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar situation after selling a V6, guy e-mailed me back saying it wasn't working wanting a full refund and costs for his mechanic fitting it... However as you seem to have done I cleanly stated it was sold as see with no guarantee on condition in the advert. Reminded him of that fact and never heard from him again. Ignore the recovery company lies he has done nothing of the sort.

[Edited on 31/5/19 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jamesc

posted on 31/5/19 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
I knew there was something I was supposed to do...

I sent some text that a the solicitor had sent me regarding the issue basically pointing out that it would be against my wishes for him or his recovery agent to contact me again and if he returned the car it would be subject to a storage fee at a commercial storage company. If he did contact me I would lodge a harassment case with the police. If he wants to get in contact then he should start court proceedings.

In the end he was claiming that something I had done during the build of the car had damaged the head and it needed skimming (Not sure how as it has never overheated or suffered any failure) - As he had inspected the car, he was fully aware of the way it was built and of the part in question.

I have to admit at the end of the text I did offer him £200 as a goodwill gesture (And I still feel dirty for doing that - sorry to everyone!). He refused and demanded £1000 - I told him I wouldn't be talking to him again.

The threats continued and I ignored them. Then he said after consideration that he would accept the £200 as he just wants it sorted - I didn't reply. I then get a phone call from him. I answered as my phone has been set to record phone calls from him. He was very apologetic and said the recovery agent had been called off - That's the end.

In hindsight, looking through the messages, it was blatantly obvious that it was shake down - Even an admission in some messages, but in the heat of the moment when you have other things to worry about it's difficult to get it off your mind.

All a bit strange really. Thanks again to each and every one of you, because at the time it really helped calm my nerves. Still ruined my bank holiday weekend though!

Tempted to delete this thread as it's public, unless we can make it private members?..

big_wasa

posted on 31/5/19 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamesc Tempted to delete this thread as it's public, unless we can make it private members?..

The way the forum is you may find it hard to do either.

Jamesc

posted on 31/5/19 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Is there no mods left

Is Chris not around anymore?

rusty nuts

posted on 31/5/19 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Why delete it? It may be of help to others in the future!
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.