Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone tried de-sorning during this lockdown?
coyoteboy

posted on 23/4/20 at 01:53 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone tried de-sorning during this lockdown?

Have car. Needs mot and tax. Can't get MOT but....

russbost

posted on 23/4/20 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Why can't you get MoT, loads of garages open round here?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ReMan

posted on 23/4/20 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
How do you mean, cant get MOT. Plenty of places open for MOT's round here.
Presume it ran out before the end of MArch?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

nick205

posted on 23/4/20 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Not had to do either.

Vehicle tax you can do online can't you so that shouldn't be an issue.

MoT - not sure if MoT test centres are open for business or not or whether the government have given any form of allowance for expired MoTs at this time. Like I say I've not had to do it so not looked into it.

Be handy to know about both though, it must apply to many motorists across the UK.

theduck

posted on 23/4/20 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
If mot expired before 30th March, it needs an MOT still. My local testers have all been furlough'd
russbost

posted on 23/4/20 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
If you can't get a MoT locally, you could always book one some distance off, legitimate reason for a decent length drive!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sdh2903

posted on 23/4/20 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
My parents car mot expired on 29th March so not eligible for extension. So I took it for an mot at local garage no problem. I have some alcohol wipes from work to wipe down the wheel and all other bits when I dropped it off and the garage did the same when they'd finished. Paid over the phone.
40inches

posted on 23/4/20 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't they announce a few weeks ago, that they have extended current MOT's for a further 6 months?
Ooops! must read all the posts

[Edited on 23-4-20 by 40inches]

Golfedrocks

posted on 23/4/20 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Some MOT stations should still be open. Ours is open 2 days a week at the moment as they have contracts with essential services but will also do customer MOT's just not prioritised.
snapper

posted on 23/4/20 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
One of my Kit Cars has automatically had its MOT extended even though it’s on SORN, the other which didn’t have an MOT no extension

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

coyoteboy

posted on 5/5/20 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Most test centres are working on essential workers cars only just now, and working vastly reduced hours which makes it a bit difficult to get near one. (this car was SORN'd 3 years ago!)

[Edited on 5/5/20 by coyoteboy]

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/5/20 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Was speaking to my local garage while he was pressing out the Fiesta's rear bushes and he was pointing out just how busy it will be when the the cars have to get Mots and also most get serviced at the same time so your chances of getting one done when you need it are quite remote and this will happen year after year so I would not wait.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 5/5/20 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
I took the other half’s for a test yesterday even though we could have taken advantage of the extension , main reason at the end of all this there will be people panicking to get one done!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.