Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 12 months seizure free
02GF74

posted on 28/10/20 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Family and friends are rather pleased I've reached the 12 month period and SWMBO took me out for dinner on the 24th to mark it

As this is a car and driving forum I felt like sharing this news.

Yes, this is a car forum so being able to drive would be important to you. So it is very good news that you have passed a big milestone and a step closer to getting behing a steering wheel. Finger crossed that it continues and the medication (I presume there is some involved) keeps it that way.

pewe

posted on 29/10/20 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Nick, great news.
Keep taking the tablets and hopefully DVLA will allow you back on the road shortly.
Cheers, Pewe

trextr7monkey

posted on 29/10/20 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick
I remember the original posts and thought how bad it would be to not drive. Hopefully this is a big step forward in your journey so celebrations are well in order. Good luck!
Atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

nick205

posted on 30/10/20 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks again people.

Yes there's medication, but it seems to be doing it's job so that's OK with me.

I had the past 2 days off work (school half term and MTB park yesterday).

Driving lisence application paperwork sent off to the DVLA now so the process is started. Car insurance to tackle next. We'll see how it goes!

ianhurley20

posted on 30/10/20 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant! Fingers crossed!

SteveWalker

posted on 30/10/20 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Thanks again people.

Driving lisence application paperwork sent off to the DVLA now so the process is started. Car insurance to tackle next. We'll see how it goes!

I have been looking into it as my son is due to start learning (luckily his last seizure was more than 18 months ago) and according to what I have seen, insurance companies are not allowed to increase the premium or refuse to insure someone who has epilepsy, as that would be unfair discrimination when the DVLA have assessed someone as being fit to drive. How true that is in fact, I have yet to find out.

[Edited on 30/10/20 by SteveWalker]

nick205

posted on 31/10/20 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
quote:
Thanks again people.

I have been looking into it as my son is due to start learning (luckily his last seizure was more than 18 months ago) and according to what I have seen, insurance companies are not allowed to increase the premium or refuse to insure someone who has epilepsy, as that would be unfair discrimination when the DVLA have assessed someone as being fit to drive. How true that is in fact, I have yet to find out.

[Edited on 30/10/20 by SteveWalker]

You make a reasonable point about the DVLA having already done their assessment on fitness to drive. I'll be speaking to insurers next week and I'm interested to see how it goes.

In the past (non epilepsy related) I've always found insurance companies (brokers) range in price quite a bit. With that in mind I expect to be speaking to several to find the right policy/price.

gremlin1234

posted on 31/10/20 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like your heading in the right direction ;-)
quote:
Car insurance to tackle next. We'll see how it goes!

https://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/living-epilepsy/driving/car-insurance

partial quote from their page...
quote:
Under the Equality Act 2010, car insurance companies cannot increase the cost of a policy if a disability or medical condition does not affect the risk of making a claim. They can ask questions, or ask for written information about your medical condition to assess your application. They might ask to see a copy of your driving licence or a letter from the driving agency confirming that you are allowed to drive under DVLA regulations.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.