Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Beetle chassis wanted
myke pocock

posted on 21/12/20 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Beetle chassis wanted

A very long shot but if you dont ask etc....... WANTED, a shortened Beetle chassis with correct V5. Can be rolling but not necessary but must be shortened and have V5. No body required as intend to buld a trials special.
Mr Whippy

posted on 21/12/20 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
I had a bug based beach buggy, wasn't particularly great off road. Was good at getting itself stuck in mud and sand though. Far too much weight hanging out the back and shortening it just makes it even more unbalanced. I'd describe its handling like driving a fiesta with a cow stuffed in the boot.

Best option if you want to go down that route might be a UVA Fugitive.

[Edited on 21/12/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 22/12/20 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Does this "trials special" have to be a 2WD vehicle?

Would a 4WD not be better?

Keep in mind I know nothing of any rules which may apply to this sport or classes within it, just asking an outsider question.

peter030371

posted on 22/12/20 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
If its been shortened won't the V5 be useless and it will need IVA? Not digging but I am genuinely interested as I have a beetle saved away (my first car in 1988) to convert into a 356 replica one day...I thought as soon as you modify the chassis it had to be IVA'd

[Edited on 22/12/20 by peter030371]

myke pocock

posted on 22/12/20 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
To answer some comments. VW Buggies make excellent classic trials vehicles so long as they are set up correctly. Road handling is seconadry to handling on a competitive section. The object of the lesson would be to build one, not buy one already built hence not the UVA. Vehicles must be 2WD and use tyres that conform to the relevant specification. If the chassis has been previously modified and has an original V5 with the new description on it (ie; not VW Beetle) then it doesnt need an IVA. All I would be doing is effectively rebodying it.
peter030371

posted on 22/12/20 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the hunt and the car build, mine is a project for the future

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.