Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: List of race classes using 15 inch slick tyres?
alistairolsen

posted on 25/2/10 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
List of race classes using 15 inch slick tyres?

Ok, 13 inch slicks are commonly available secondhand, as are 17 inch ones due to BTCC, formula renault and formula ford.

Michelin make 15 inch slicks, as do avon I believe and they cant just be for the trackday market?

Does anyone know of any classes which use 15 inch circuit (not hillclimb) slicks?

Cheers

My Build Thread

will121

posted on 25/2/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
think some Radical classes run 15" slicks ones ive got are 200.590x15

[Edited on 25/2/10 by will121]

JimSpencer

posted on 25/2/10 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Renault Clio Cup use 15's - Michelins, i believe.

alistairolsen

posted on 25/2/10 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ive emailed the 750MC, and looking at radicals, the UK cup uses Dunlops. Dunlops site is mince, but Ive emailed them too!

My Build Thread

JonnyS

posted on 25/2/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
The new Clio cup cars use 17" now. It's very hard to get hold of 15" slicks. If you do they're often old and hard I've given up and will only use 13" slicks and 15" r888s
blakep82

posted on 25/2/10 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Www.pickuptruckracing.com
Ticks all the boxes. 15 inch, avon tyres, slick, 8.5 wide tho. Loads of them racing.
Circuit racing, mostly oval though if thats a problem. They do a few other circuits tho. Croft, brands hatch etc

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

alistairolsen

posted on 25/2/10 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
8.5 is probably too wide

I have a nova 1600 16v at the moment which I stopped developing when i decided to do the locost instead, but its in a nice track spec and I enjoy doing trackdays in it. Im fed up with forking out 50-70 a corner on tyres and would like more dry grip. Road tyres on a wet track dont wear badly, but in the dry they get far too hot!

Ideally I need something akin to a 195/50 road tyre, or drop to 14s and go for 185/60 or something.

Im going to run 13s on the locost for this very reason (amongst others)

My Build Thread

blakep82

posted on 25/2/10 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
What's 8.5, 210mm? Not hugely out. I was given a set of weller wheels they used to use racing, fitted with worn out 235 tyres. Used on track days i think. So i wouldn't think 195 wheels with 210 tyres would be too bad. Its only 15mm

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

alistairolsen

posted on 25/2/10 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
its not the wheels, its the arches 195mm will go, 205 wont! both on a 6J rim.

8.5 inch widh slicks are going to be 210+ and slicks tend to be larger than they say.

My Build Thread

PAUL FISHER

posted on 25/2/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
I bought ten 15" old Clio cup slick tyres for my Clio last year,still using them,I only paid £15 each for them,they are Michelins so new are around £150 each,but because they have been used the grip levels from them are not great,but as I am not racing and only trackdays it does not matter so much,but I find I get better grip from new R888 tyres.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.