Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD PCIe Graphics card.
fregis

posted on 25/12/15 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
WTD PCIe Graphics card.

HI

My old graphics card broke down, so I am looking for another.

Looking for better than my old 9800 GTX + (etc. more than 1 GB)

Regards and a lovely Christmas

Never be afraid to do what you are insolvent, remember: amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic.

nero1701

posted on 25/12/15 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
what do you need the card to do mate? games? desktop? cad?

Bit of info..

ianm67

posted on 26/12/15 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Literally hundreds of them on eBay..... From about £20 with 1Gb of memory....

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

fregis

posted on 26/12/15 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
this month for game.
yes i looking also in ebay, but I wanted to ask here

Never be afraid to do what you are insolvent, remember: amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic.

nero1701

posted on 26/12/15 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
It's not so much about the quantity of ram but more about the processor clock speed, I run a 2 gb gtx 760, and it plays all the current game on high or ultra.
How avid a gamer are you? if its a casual once or twice a week the lowest i would go would be a 1gb gtx 560ti, this will play most games, although you will have to turn down some settings. They can be had for 50-6- quid..

ashg

posted on 27/12/15 at 04:28 AM Reply With Quote
not sure what games your playing? a 760 may get you to ultra settings at 1024x768 or maybe even 1280x1024 at a push but i bet your frame rates suffer.

i have a GTX980 TI G1 with 6gb of ram and that puppy will just about do 65fps in 4k on fallout4 and 95fps in skyrim elder scrolls. something like borderlands2 in 4k will run at 165fps.

what game are you trying to play? i got my wife a GTX970 and that puppy will chew just about anything at 60fps or more on her 2k monitor. so as long as your not planning to upgrade to a 4k monitor any time soon it will server you well for quite some time. if money is tight then maybe you could look at a 960 but its only a 65 pounds cheaper and the 970 actually comes with assassins creed syndicate or rainbow 6 siege which is the extra 45 right there.

here is a link to the card i got for my wife. 260 from overclockers with a free copy of the new assassins creed or rainbow 6
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-windforce-oc-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gv-n970wf3oc-4gd-gx-149-gi.html

here is the card i got GTX 980 TI G1 this card is absolutely excellent but its very expensive and the 970 is almost (equal if your not running 4k) as good for half the price!
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-980ti-g1-gaming-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-164-gi.html

[Edited on 27/12/2015 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

ashg

posted on 27/12/15 at 04:33 AM Reply With Quote
oh and btw if you didnt know already toms hardware is an excellent website for gaming hardware reviews

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

jeffw

posted on 27/12/15 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
How many Puppies Ash

nero1701

posted on 27/12/15 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
not sure what games your playing? a 760 may get you to ultra settings at 1024x768 or maybe even 1280x1024 at a push but i bet your frame rates suffer.

I play Battlefield 4 & Project cars I play at 1920x1080, On battlefield I usually have 55-60 fps and project cars much the same.

ChrisW

posted on 1/1/16 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
I have a whole load of Radeon 5870's going spare. No idea if they meet the spec or not - I'm pretty clueless about graphics card hardware.

Various brands, some matched pairs, some boxed some not. PCIe of course. I used them all for Bitcoin mining a few years ago before ASIC mining came in and made GPU mining unprofitable. They have been gathering dust since, I have never got around to ebay'ing them.

Guessing £50 each but I'm open to offers.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.