Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PCV and or LGV/HGV training
Simon

posted on 7/9/17 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
PCV and or LGV/HGV training

I'm thinking about a change of direction as I'm getting rather fed up with the attitude of a couple of people I work with, amongst other things, and am toying with the idea of getting my PCV licence for coaches and/or LGV for lorries.

Thing is, there seems to be many companies offering tuition, so has anyone they can recommend in the south east (Kent/East Sussex or Surrey they can recommend.

Cheers

Simon

prawnabie

posted on 7/9/17 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help on the recommendation side, but I did my class 1 and 2 at the same time last year so can help with anything you want to know.
Simon

posted on 7/9/17 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for offer of help. Was it a worthwhile move?
gary gsx

posted on 7/9/17 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon

Not sure of your area but try national driving centre in Croydon top bunch or couple of my mates went with ep training they are in Effingham Surrey.

As for driving good days and bad dick head drivers,traffic I guess depends what you want to do stay away all week or home if I was going to drive full time I don't think I'd want the Hassle of artic driving think I would rather drive a tipper

Gary

Simon

posted on 22/12/17 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the old thread revival but just had to say that I've been training with EP in Addlestone for the last week and today obtained my Class D licence.

Thoroughly recommend them to anyone.

Cheers

chris

posted on 22/12/17 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
have held my class one for many years found night trunking the best for me couldnt drive during the day would end up killing a dickhead
as for PSV having to deal with the public in a confined space and crap pay no thanks
but i have hung up my driving boots and instead of driving trucks i have dusted off my spanners and am back fixing them instead but it was a big pay cut silly but you can earn more driving them than fixing them

big_wasa

posted on 22/12/17 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
I thought a truck tech was reasonable money and compared well with driving them ? Well it did when I was concidering it a few years back and I have an ADR.

As for dickheads on the road, this week has been really bad.

Still it pays the bills and buys the toys.

chris

posted on 22/12/17 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
my last driving job was well payed but they really expected you to go to the max on your hours every shift some of the drivers were easily doing a £1000 a week
big_wasa

posted on 22/12/17 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Every boss wants two pounds of flesh these days.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.