Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Agreed Valuation Insurance - A Plan or Adrian Flux
perksy

posted on 24/6/20 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed Valuation Insurance - A Plan or Adrian Flux

Had similar quotes on agreed valuation insurance the Classic car from both A Plan and Adrian Flux

A Plan was verbal and Adrian Flux confirmed by email

Anybody have any thoughts on either company before I part with the money ?

PM if you'd rather

Thanks

Big T

posted on 24/6/20 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I was involved in a very serious accident a fair few years ago, I was not at fault but unfortunately was caught up in an event which had the worst outcome imaginable. I was unfortunately covered by Adrian Flux. They were the most useless people I could have dealt with. I am sure there are worse out there, but I can’t imagine by much.

I would personally advise against using adrian flux, they took an awful situation and made it significantly worse. Not a single thing went well.

I will now actively avoid Adrian flux and happily pay more. Based on that I would suggest A-Plan. Personally I use Green light.

We all hope to never require the use of our insurance, however if you do need to call on them, it would be nice if they had a vague idea of what they were doing

ReMan

posted on 24/6/20 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be very cautious of anything verbal with ANY insurer. Bearing in mind its not the nice friendly broker , its the underwriter that needs to pay out

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

SteveWalker

posted on 24/6/20 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
I am sure that the paperwork would clearly state the details once the insurance was purchased - if not then a 14 day cooling off period applies.
designer

posted on 25/6/20 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
I use A-Plan and find them OK, never had any problems.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 25/6/20 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Never had to claim with AF, but their selling process was easy, well detailed and cheap. Assuming i have it all in writing, I'm fine arguing my side, I had to with two claims through Admiral, both of which were nightmarish.

theduck

posted on 25/6/20 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Too many horror stories with adrian flux, from silly things like letters threatening to cancel your insurance policy for not providing evidence of zero no claims bonus through much more serious things like the above.
DanG

posted on 26/6/20 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
I use A Plan and have done for a while. I find them excellent to deal with, although I have not made a claim (touch wood)
Tazzzzman1

posted on 26/6/20 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have used Adrian Flux with very good results.
I also had a very serious no fault accident a 3 1/2 years ago with a Van deciding to do a U turn 50 ft in front of me on a major A road. Resulted in me being trapped in a burning car with 2 smashed knees. Thankfully all is more or less ok now. However I had an agreed valuation on my Cobra.
I let Flux know of the accident and sent photo's of what remained. I had a decision in 24hrs and full payment of agreed value in my account within 72hrs. Couldnt ask for it to have gone smoother.
Also I had opted for personal insurance cover as well (I dont usually bother but glad I had on this one) This has turned out to be a god send. The ones Flux use have been excellent and very helpful...

I guess all companies will have good/ Bad days... I'm fortunate that I can still discuss what for me was an good experience dealing with them

[Edited on 26/6/20 by Tazzzzman1]

ttalps2000

posted on 26/6/20 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I use A-plan and they are great. Initially verbal on the agreed valuation, then once purchased and photos sent off, you then get a written letter from the insurer confirming the agreed value. At re-newal they did not want to do it again and carried on from last time.

No hard sales, very helpful etc.

perksy

posted on 26/6/20 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone for your comments

Always good to hear from those with first hand knowledge

davidinhull

posted on 1/7/20 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Not answering your question, but I have an agreed value policy with footman James. Not had to claim, but setting up the policy was easy to do

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.