Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mx5 ecu stuff
sprintB+

posted on 16/1/19 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
mx5 ecu stuff

Hi all, is it possible to run an mx5engine of a stock ecu. No dash, no lights, just the engine. Seems a huge number of wires in there doing nothing, can I just simply run it with just the engine running stuff.
miskit

posted on 16/1/19 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes
Just remove this lot!

There is a main engine loom but you do need other bits.

On mine (1.8vvt) the speedo processes the speed signal from the gearbox that the ECU needs

[Edited on 16/1/19 by miskit]

ianhurley20

posted on 17/1/19 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
And on the Mk 2 engines the ecu controls the charge rate on the alternator - or you could change it for a standard alternator with a built in regulator. Also Mk 2's you will need the transponder key and PATs system retaining

Smoking Frog

posted on 17/1/19 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
The pinouts for the Mk1 1.6 ECU are simple to follow, allowing basic engine requirements. But with no information about the engine I would say Google "mx5 ecu pinout".
BaileyPerformance

posted on 17/1/19 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Just for info, if it saves the hassle of stripping down MX5 looms / making them fit tidy and inevitable grief of pondering why it wont run right we offer FULL megasquirt installs for all kit cars, we are well known in the MX5 world for making them go faster!

We can offer to supply, fit and map MS2 to an MX5 engine in any kit car for £1100, this includes custom engine loom, you can even watch it been mapped.
This does away with the flow meter, and gives a noticeable performance gain over running the stock Mazda ECU. Customers also report an increase in MPG too!

Msg me for more info, Cheers, Dale.

www.facebook.com/baileyperformance

dale@baileyperformance.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.