Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTM libra Project car
metro6r4

posted on 12/4/19 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
GTM libra Project car

hi here we have for reluctant sale my GTM libra project. I had planned to completely rebuild the car into my dream track day toy but unfortunately I need to make some room as I have just bought my brothers s2000 of him to help him with his move to Portugal. The car is powered by a 1.8L rover k series vvc engine.It has had a lot of work done to it by myself and the previous owner to get it to a high spec. It has the more desirable vvc engine ( comes factory fitted with bigger valves). The engine is a strong revy motor that behaves the way it should and the gearbox feels great It is fitted with ultra stick toyo r888 tyres. The car was registed just before emissions testing became a requirement so this car can be tuned without having to worry about the emissions for the mot. The car has been fitted with sparco bucket seats, four point quick release harneses and a removable steering wheel. It has a kill switch fitted on the dash with a normal ignition barrel connected to a push button start so is hill climb friendly. I believe the previous owner had planned to hill climb it.

it will need a couple of small jobs doing to get it back to its former glory. It will require a new throttle cable and the fitting of the supplied rear shock absorbers to get it MOT'd and back on the road.I have a brand new set of protech rear shocks and springs to go on but have not had time to fit them. It could do with a new water temp gauge and spedo as these do not work. I was planning on fitting a motec digidash so never got round to fixing as the car would have been sent away for this.
There is a small crack on the rear clamshell but this is an easy repair which again I haven't had time to get done.

The car as mentioned earlier is of a very high spec with the following having been done to the car/ fitted,

team dynamics pro race wheels
ported head,
lightweight flywheel
New Double adjustable front protech shocks
New protch rear shocks (need to be fitted)
rebuilt ap front break calipers with new discs and pads
rebuilt rear calipers with new discs and pads
new handbrake mechanism
new alternator
new battery (less than 6 months old)
new headlight covers
new rear clamshell stay
recent service
new rear tyres with less than 30 miles use
nearly new front tyres
power flow exhaust stainless exhaust back box
sparco bucket seats
removable steering wheel
4 point harneses
hid lights
twin radiator fan upgrade

I will include a spare set of spark plugs, a carbon fibre effect coil pack cover, a rover engine lifting cradle for easy removal of engines. Old headlight covers (slight damage but may be useful) a haynes rover manual.

The car will need to be trailered away

the car is in Thurston near bury st Edmunds and will be going on ebay shortly with a starting price of £4K open to offers in this region

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

jossey

posted on 14/4/19 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
U2u sent

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
number-1

posted on 15/4/19 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
What BHP does the engine produce? Am i right in thinking these can be supercharged?
metro6r4

posted on 15/4/19 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
hi mate I haven dynode the car so I couldn't say, I have seen these supercharged but I have no idea whats involved.
rdodger

posted on 16/4/19 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by number-1
What BHP does the engine produce? Am i right in thinking these can be supercharged?

Yes they have been. Turbotechnics did a kit back in the day with their own SC. The SC was very similar to a Rotex. The rights/kit were then sold on to Hanger 111. I think they now use a Rotex.
http://www.hangar111.com/shop/598-turbo-technics-tt190-tt230-or-tt260-to-rotrex-supercharger-conversion.html

To make it work in the K apart from the charger and brackets etc the engines had special rods and pistons. The standard TT SC wouldn't work in a Libra as the SC outlet would go through the engine frame.

These days if you wanted to SC a K it might be better to start with a Turbo K. No the Turbo K won't fit in a Libra without extensive mods to the bulkhead. It's a GRP monocoque so perhaps not a good idea. Especially as the Turbo would live 3" behind your left ear!

The later Libra had the option of the Honda Type R engine. There is one out there in the wild with a Rotex kit putting out over 300 bhp.

PS someone on the forum has a TT kit they bought form me. It had another outlet that would be suitable for the Libra.

[Edited on 16/4/19 by rdodger]

metro6r4

posted on 26/4/19 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Still for sale due to time waster
DH2

posted on 27/4/19 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Looking at the pictures, I think you would struggle to fit the Rotrex in there. We've barely managed to get it into the engine bay of an MG TF, it's very busy and very bespoke.

(I work at Hangar 111)

DH2

rdodger

posted on 28/4/19 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Yes you are right. A Libra would need a bit of work to the bulkhead.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.