Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Last Minute Pre SVA Questions
ChrisS

posted on 24/3/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Last Minute Pre SVA Questions

Hi

Whilst doing some last minute checks today before my SVA on thursday its occured to me that my clocks might fail the radius edge interior projects, as part of it is outside the 127mm from steering wheel zone.
So to try and get over this ive taped some rubber U edging around it. Not sure if itll satisfy the examiner, any thoughts?

Description
Description

Deckman001

posted on 24/3/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
They appear to be looking more and more for manufactured items on cars, that said though, if you are able to taper the joins into the large area at each end you might get away with it.
Good luck with the test

Jason

LBMEFM

posted on 24/3/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Look forward to the replies as I have got a simular clocks. Dash looks good, where did you get that great gear knob from?
ChrisS

posted on 24/3/08 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Look forward to the replies as I have got a simular clocks. Dash looks good, where did you get that great gear knob from?

Thanks, the dash is one i made using carbon vinyl, im pleased the way its turned out actually.

The gearknob is from Car Builder Solutions, however the fitting kit which was aplastic sleeve was rubbish so a mate of mine also building a BEC turned me up a proper metal bush so it threads onto my M12 gearstick.

I look forward to the replies, although now i just cant ait for the day so i know whats what. Ive spent so much time tinkering wondering if its going to pass.

[Edited on 24/3/08 by ChrisS]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.