Board logo

GTS betting fun
DM - 10/6/09 at 10:59 AM

Roll up, roll up! And place your bets!

Now you too can take the GTS gamble but without risking your own money by betting When DM get his Wilwood kit.

No prizes for the Winners Im afraid...

cd.thomson - 10/6/09 at 11:02 AM

Mr Whippy - 10/6/09 at 11:03 AM

though you can't really moan if it is late since the company’s reputation is well known on this forum (for years & years)

I'm sure you'll need the secret phone number too

[Edited on 10/6/09 by Mr Whippy]

DM - 10/6/09 at 11:03 AM

Apologies to Flak Monkey and Eddie who are doing a commendable job but I couldn't resist any longer

I remain ever optimistic...

bangford - 10/6/09 at 11:04 AM

In before flak monkey throws a wobbly.

Benzine - 10/6/09 at 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

I'm sure you'll need the secret phone number too

I heard it's been switched to semaphore now

DM - 10/6/09 at 11:06 AM

Im actually very grateful for their efforts and happy to make that known

My feelings for GTS are somewhat different

eddie99 - 10/6/09 at 11:07 AM

I will chase him up, all you people who say pigs will fly before he gets it are wrong!!!!

UncleFista - 10/6/09 at 11:07 AM

I dunno the history to this, but have you tried the "small claims" track ?

It's actually Money Claim Online nowadays, but if you're a member of the public, and you're claiming against a company, they'll have to travel to your local court to defend themselves.

You then get to send the bailiffs in

DM - 10/6/09 at 11:09 AM

> but have you tried the "small claims" track ?

I really cant be bothered, am hoping it wont be required.

mookaloid - 10/6/09 at 11:11 AM

If you paid by credit card it's even easier - just complain to them that you haven't received the goods and they will refund straight away.

DM - 10/6/09 at 11:17 AM

I placed my own vote with soon

blakep82 - 10/6/09 at 11:22 AM

GiTS

Howlor - 10/6/09 at 11:27 AM

Lets hope there the right colour when they arrive!

To be honest in 18 months you could have whittled them out of a solid block with nothing but your swiss army knife.

Steve

[Edited on 10/6/09 by Howlor]

Jon Ison - 10/6/09 at 11:31 AM

As an outsider looking in who also runs a small business that my mortgage relies on I cannot believe what I read sometimes.

First off well done to the two guys that are doing their level best to help people with problem deliveries/orders.

Secondly, Darren, you must read this, if the comments where aimed at my business I would not sleep at night, its simple really.

We don't list/sell anything we don't stock, ok bit different in your case maybe but still don't take money for anything until you know its shipped ?

Reply to emails, even if its bad news, reply.

This is how we do it.

Some one buys an item.

1) They receive a email "invoice."
2) They receive a email "thank you we have received cleared payment, item will be dispatched on"
3) They receive an email "item as been dispatched"
4) They receive an automated email from couriers with tracking number.

All this takes minutes, most of it is automated by a pc numpty like me.

Am I justified to comment, I did order many years ago a rain light, it never arrived, it took months to get my payment back.

Not good, Darren sort it, I only ever hear good comments about your products but everyone knows the rest so no need to comment further.

This cannot be doing your business any good in what like us is a crowded market place you have to be better than the rest not bottom of the pile, with respect I have money to spend on the odd kit car related part but I never even consider sending it your way. Sad.

blakep82 - 10/6/09 at 11:36 AM

^ +1

i ordered parts, paid, items never arrived, a few weeks after i asked what was happening, he claimed i had to pay him more money, i asked for a refund of what i'd paid and he refused.
now, he'd never sent the parts so he knew i hadn't received them, and as a business, i'm entitled to a refund if i'm not happy. luckily i'd paid with pay pal so got the money back.

chris_harris_ - 10/6/09 at 01:45 PM

Its a shame everyone has to get the money back from paypal, credit card companies etc, but i do wonder whether Daren refuses to pay the card companies back when they request the money! what excuse does he give them then!!!

The only thing that keeps coming to my mind, is how the hell is he still trading, with all this constant bad press..

Shameful business sense!!

grazzledazzle - 10/6/09 at 01:57 PM

Just go around there. Take the brakes, your money or his bollocks. Job done. 18 months? I would have been around there after 1 i think.

If that's not your thing a winding up order should get things moving.

[Edited on 10/6/09 by grazzledazzle]

blakep82 - 10/6/09 at 02:08 PM

WAIT A MINUTE, did i only just understand that right, you paid for them 18 months ago?!

flak monkey - 10/6/09 at 02:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bangford
In before flak monkey throws a wobbly.

Your point being? Or are you just fishing? Do you have some deep rooted personal issue? Or are you just still sore from the welcome that you got yesterday? Which given the comments made I think should have only been expected. If you want to see if I will 'blow up' big style, you will be sorely dissappointed I am afraid. If you had approached either myself or Ed differently, who knows whatever issue you have could have been on the way to being resolved, as it is you will not find any help on this forum. From this point on your posts will be ignored, you do not make any relevant points nor make any statements which havent been made before. People are sick and tired of it, and not just myself.

I have never said that what has happened to anyone who hasnt recieved parts is right or defendable. It clearly isnt, hence why I am offereing to at least try and help people in that situation. I am only doing this to help some fellower LCB'ers out and to get them back on track building their cars. What I certainly don't appreciate is being told to feel ashamed of myself for doing so.

If yours and other peoples inappropriate comments continue I will withdraw my offer to help people out with their issues. Frankly, I dont need the aggro.

In response to DM's original post, I will help you resolve your problem, if I can.

Whippy, there's no secret phone number or email address

gtstuning@googlemail.co.uk
07838 834466

An email to that address was answered within 30mins yesterday afternoon.

David

bangford - 10/6/09 at 02:24 PM

In after flak monkey throws a wobbly.

eddie99 - 10/6/09 at 02:26 PM

Bangford - Your acting like a 12 year old, Grow up

bangford - 10/6/09 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Bangford - Your acting like a 12 year old, Grow up

you're*

scootz - 10/6/09 at 02:34 PM

Good points Mr Monkey... and well made!

Triton - 10/6/09 at 02:48 PM

More chill pills needed methinks......

flak monkey - 10/6/09 at 03:04 PM

There werent any wobbles, not even a quiver.

What I gave was a sensible reply, in my opinion. If you want to take it any other way, feel free.

I dont have any more to say to you mr/mrs bangford on this forum. However, if the stupid remarks continue to be aimed at myself you shall be reported each and every time it happens.

[Edited on 10/6/09 by flak monkey]

bangford - 10/6/09 at 04:08 PM

I was talking about you, not to you.

Peteff - 10/6/09 at 04:14 PM

22 posts and not a useful comment among them, way to go man.

UncleFista - 10/6/09 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DM
> but have you tried the "small claims" track ?

I really cant be bothered, am hoping it wont be required.

Can't be bothered ?

It's £25 (that you get back) and 10 minutes filling in an online form.

Surely it's taken as much effort to post on here as that ?

As for not being required, he's had your hard-earned for 18 months !

sickbag - 10/6/09 at 04:20 PM

quote:

Can't be bothered ?

It's £25 (that you get back) and 10 minutes filling in an online form.

Surely it's taken as much effort to post on here as that ?

As for not being required, he's had your hard-earned for 18 months !

You can also claim lost compound interest for the period as well, but . . . .

I think you should give Flak Monkey some more time to get the items for you, or to come to some agreement.

He seems to have done a good job for others so there's no reason he won't be able to do the same for you.

In my opinion threatening someone doesn't work - either work something out (prefered) or take legal action - don't threaten it.

Myke 2463 - 10/6/09 at 04:57 PM

Having never dealt with GTS myself i can understand the frustration, but why wait 18 months.
There is nothing i can see here in these threads to indicate what efforts have been made to rectify the situation.
Flack and Eddie are 2 fellow builders who are trying to help, at the end of the day they can only use the same telephone number and email as the rest of us.

This forum is getting more like the house of commons instead of a bunch of people who should behelping each other instead of moaning about one particular company.

If you visit this site every day like most of us you will find that there are other companies that take months in some cases to despatch parts. Lets try to be more positive and constructive like Flack / Eddie.

Mike.

Benzine - 10/6/09 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Myke 2463

This forum is getting more like the house of commons

Sweet. I'm off to claim for a supercharger on my expenses

eddie99 - 10/6/09 at 05:12 PM

flak monkey - 10/6/09 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:

Awesome, can you claim for one for me too? You know you need to claim for 2 of everything now right?

eddie99 - 10/6/09 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:

Awesome, can you claim for one for me too? You know you need to claim for 2 of everything now right?

It will all still be locost i guess

DM - 10/6/09 at 05:25 PM

quote:

In response to DM's original post, I will help you resolve your problem, if I can.

Thanks very much for the offer but Eddie has already been in touch on my behalf (which is much appreciated) so no need.

Both yourself and Eddie are indeed doing a fine job by offering to help out, it’s a shame some people don’t get that.

In response to the comments saying I should take legal action - yes I probably should and maybe one day I will - but I'd still like to see this sorted out without having to do so. And no, Im not going round there and take them off him myself.

Having waited 18 months already, Im quite happy to wait a little longer for a result... so long as I can poke fun at GTS in the meantime

Incidentally, this thread was entirely about poking fun at GTS and I totally concede that it is in no way constructive. But I feel I'm entitled to that - this is not a matter of Darren *forgetting* to post the parts - we had a conversation in which he refused to ever hand them over and hasn’t returned any of my communication since!

Steve G - 10/6/09 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
First off well done to the two guys that are doing their level best to help people with problem deliveries/orders.

GTS owner forum members shouldnt have to chase problem orders up for other forum members......... and if they are, then why on earth do said members keep defending the reputation of GTS so strongly??? Baffles me!!

If intervention is required on a regular basis then service is pi$$ poor - so why keep defending the company all the time??

Land Locked - 10/6/09 at 05:33 PM

quote:
However, if the stupid remarks continue to be aimed at myself you shall be reported each and every time it happens.

Flak, that is the best choice, report him and ignore him.

omega0684 - 10/6/09 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
GTS owner forum members shouldnt have to chase problem orders up for other forum members.........

Couldn't agree more

[Edited on 10/6/09 by omega0684]

flak monkey - 10/6/09 at 06:02 PM

I havent defended GTS in the slightest, infact if you care to actually read my last couple of posts (and most of my old ones on the subject) I have openly said that what's happened is unacceptable and should never have been allowed to get this far. Hence the offer of helping people.

Again, if people think that I should not devote some time and energy to helping some fellow LCB members out then so be it. What I do NOT expect is comments like that from you Alex.

I really do wish some people would read.

DM - 10/6/09 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
so why keep defending the company all the time??

You know there is a good business buried deep in there somewhere, that's struggling to see the light of day. If only he'd sort things out!

eddie99 - 10/6/09 at 06:05 PM

Jeez im honestly getting the feeling its becoming me and David versus everyone else???

We arent purposely defending the company.... Maybe its coming over to you as defending because we are trying to get bits to people who are owed it.

JUD - 10/6/09 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Jeez im honestly getting the feeling its becoming me and David versus everyone else???

We arent purposely defending the company.... Maybe its coming over to you as defending because we are trying to get bits to people who are owed it.

Eddie/Flak

I get what you are saying. I think you are trying your hardest to help out, and for some reason you guys are getting a load of flak (no pun intended).

Martin

DM - 10/6/09 at 06:22 PM

quote:

sorry guys, Ive been trying to point that out that you've both been helpful and dont think anyone that reads your posts properly will think you're defending them.

I thank you both whilst continuing to blow raspberries in the general direction of GTS

Steve G - 10/6/09 at 06:49 PM

quote:

I really do wish some people would read.

I'm guessing that was aimed towards me, so i'll reply and say i have read a fair few threads about GTS not delivering and to be honest you do seem to get quite defensive.

One comment you made stated "its all about the way in which you deal with some people. " - well sorry but GTS are operating a business and its totally irrelevant how you speak to them. If the company takes the money then they are entering into a legally binding agreement to supply goods or services, so its not then up to how they are spoken to as to whether they deliver. Its clear that you are trying your best to help fellow members so i can only commend you for this, but my main point was that you really shouldnt be put in the position where you are having to defend yourself on here by needing to intercede on behalf of members so often. Its clearly an issue that GTS have had for years and havent solved, and they can hardly say they are too busy or have short term cash flow issues when they find time and money to develop a new car in this GT40 that was mentioned (which to me says "expand the business" - when they seemingly cant run it very efficiently at the level its at.)

[Edited on 11/6/09 by Steve G]

omega0684 - 10/6/09 at 07:37 PM

quote:
What I do NOT expect is comments like that from you Alex.

alright mate calm down, im just agreeing to what has been stated by someone else, im entitled to my opinion and from a previous post you said that i'd had no dealing with gts, how do you know that, i may have bought something from them 18 months ago and still have been waiting for it, the fact that i haven't posted on the forum about it would be a different matter (maybe i wouldn't want to make it a public affair)

i know that you have stuck your neck out several times to help other people out that have ordered stuff from GTS & to say the least, have been let down by their lack of efficiency in the delivery dept. personally i think this is very generous and admirable of you & ed to go the extra mile.

its all being well poeple saying that the company is turning around etc etc, but i've always gone by the saying the proof is in the pudding, and obviously from this post there is no proof & no pudding! (with reference to this post)

I HAVE NEVER MEANT TO CAUSE OFFENCE TO YOU OR EDDIE AS FELLOW LCB'S & PLEASE DON'T THINK IM JUMPING ON THE BAND WAGON, IM NOT, IM JUST STATING WHAT IM SEEING FROM MY PERSPECTIVE!

[Edited on 10/6/09 by omega0684]

nludkin - 10/6/09 at 07:41 PM

I think David and Eddie should definately get a lot more credit than some people on here are giving them. I personally got stung by GTS a few years ago and am still interested when people say that they are making a fresh start as I do believe that they sell good products and if they ever cleaned up their act I would order from them again.

However, having had many unproductive phone conversations with Darren it seems that if he "throws his toys out the pram" but you still want your parts then you need a 3rd person to intervene.

That person should ideally be a member of staff at GTS (Ideally someone more organised and courteous, Scott perhaps if he still works there?)

I hate to say it, but keeping David and Eddie on side is probably the best chance you will ever see your money/product again. And it's not even their job!!

eddie99 - 10/6/09 at 08:38 PM

Ok Guys, well thanks to those who appreciate our efforts.

As regards to chasing up in an earlier post, i still believe that with virtually every kitcar company i have ever dealt with.

Darren has told me that he is trying his hardest to turn the company around, and from what im seeing and hearing he is.

Earlier someone said i would have sleepless nights if i was him - well i have been speaking to him 7am in the morning some times and 11pm at night and have met him way later than 6pm at night.

Fortunately a few people that i have helped have now received their parts but its not everyone yet. Darren is working on it. The bits that people have ordered and paid for recently, are getting your parts asap and please let me know if you arent but i've heard nothing but good stories from recent times.

But its the problems that he had 18months ago - 2 years ago that are taking longer to solve because its all coming out of his profits on current orders....

But again i dont work for GTS, and therefore dont have hardcore evidence of this and all i can give is my word. I believe that Darren is trying hard.

Thanks

Ed

gazza285 - 11/6/09 at 04:04 AM

quote:
But its the problems that he had 18months ago - 2 years ago that are taking longer to solve because its all coming out of his profits on current orders....

That must be very inconvenient for him, did the money he got for the old orders evaporate or something?

jeffw - 11/6/09 at 05:32 AM

I applaud Flak and Eddie for their efforts (which shouldn't be necessary but welcome never the less).

However.....most of the issues with Darren and GTS are not 'delivery issues' or long lead times, it a deliberate act by Darren not to supply having received the monies. There are many reasons why he refuses to supply (probable using money from Paul to pay Peter) but the fact remains he has taken monies and failed to supply. He has had his ebay account suspended or disabled for this very reason. I would be surprised if he can still take credit cards as the Banks Merchant services would have cut him off by now.

This is fraud andor theft and would not be out of place on Watchdog. The guy has scammed many people out of £000s. I don't care if his product is good or that he is delivering on time now....the guy shouldn't be trading.

grazzledazzle - 11/6/09 at 01:08 PM

I really don't understand this. If the guy has taken your money and hasn't delivered parts you are fools for not chasing this. You could and should have this theif - for that is what he is if what is said above is true - out of business very very quickly. Quick telephone call to any good solicitor and a very nominal fee would have him in court. I'm astounded that you lot don't get together and get what you are owed, if again what is said above is true. Furthermore this should be posted here there and everywhere to stop more people being the victims of fraud.

By the way, the point about him not being able to pay for orders placed 18 months ago etc... that is trading insolvently and is illegal.

The people who are doing their best to 'help' should be very clear about their role in all this, as you do not need to be employed by a company to be culpable in it's fraud.

[Edited on 11/6/09 by grazzledazzle]

[Edited on 11/6/09 by grazzledazzle]

Simon - 11/6/09 at 07:37 PM

OK, I bought from Darren years ago. Was kept informed etc etc.

Flak and co are trying to help out, fair enough.

One thing, if you paid for something 18 months ago, and now decide to take legal action, you may have a "statute of limitations" to deal with. Distance selling regs apply after 28 days, they may cease to apply after a certain time

ATB

Simon

flak monkey - 11/6/09 at 08:18 PM

If you want my stance to be clear, here it is:

GTS have some problems which obviously need to be resolved. These issues obviously cause other builders problems with their build and this is where I feel that I should help people out. I am only involved where there is some kind of communication issue, whatever that may be. All of the cases I have dealt with its simply been a case of getting the 2 parties talking about the issue and most have been resolved after that. Some are more difficult and those are for discussion between GTS and the customer involved once comms have been established.

David

Charlie_Zetec - 11/6/09 at 09:21 PM

I always see the common GTS post, and just sit back and wait for the abuse to start.

I've had dealings with Darren directly via e-mail, and have found him quite knowledgeable. I've never had an issue with him, so can't comment about any unresolved issues that other have.

I'm not looking for anyone to start having a poke at me with comments along the lines of "well, good for you" and "aren't you the lucky one", but what I find annoying is people having a pop at Flak and Eddie. I didn't want to intervene in the petty arguements, but wanted to thank them for the help and advice they've offered me to date. For people with issues, you should be greatful they're helping you out, they don't have to assist whatsoever!

So, take your problems up with GTS direct, or ask politely for help. Don't shoot the messengers! If you really feel the need, write to 'Dear Deidre @ The Sun', she'll answer you directly.

(For those who wanted to know, I'm in no way related to Flak, Eddie, Darren or anything to do with GTS)

Steve G - 12/6/09 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
So, take your problems up with GTS direct, or ask politely for help. Don't shoot the messengers!

From what i have seen on here - i dont think there is anyone having a go at Flak and Eddie for all they have done. It seems to me that they have gone way above the call of duty and have helped out loads of people and thats all credit to those two guys. It does seem pretty clear though that GTS themselves should be addressing these issues and it simply shouldnt come down to Flak and Eddie getting the two parties talking no matter whats behind it in way of previous communication. I'm a business owner myself and so often customers are idiots frankly, but that doesnt excuse poor service / non-delivery of parts. I've had to humour customers so many times when all i want to do is tell them where to go - but running a business you simply cant act that way.

None-delivery...... no excuses..... its shoddy business practice and i am so surprised the guy hasnt been reported / prosecuted by Trading Standards. For any customers with late delivery still - if you still have an issue..... speak to them!! There has been advice here about taking them to court etc - well if you are even considering going there - speak to Trading Standards. Its unlikely to get to court once TS are on the case.