Board logo

2 month insurance
Toys2 - 3/8/16 at 09:42 AM

Well it looks as though I've taken too long rebuilding my Striker

My plan was to have is ready for May this year, but if I'm lucky I should have it ready by September

I don't plan to run it over winter, so thinking about insuring it for only 2 or 3 months

Has anyone done this? any advice for getting a good price on short term insurance?

Thanks

Slimy38 - 3/8/16 at 09:52 AM

Get a standard policy with no termination fee, or at least as little termination fee as possible.

benchmark51 - 3/8/16 at 12:41 PM

Not ever thought about short insurance. Mine is only around £100 pa fully comp. During periods of non use, nice to know it's covered and available on 'surprise' nice days. Tax, I do monthly on DD and so can start and stop it online easily

johnemms - 3/8/16 at 01:38 PM

£120 for the year - covered for damage even if sorned..

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 4/8/16 at 01:35 PM

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back to discuss the various options to insurer the vehicle. It might be more beneficial to go for an annual policy on this type of vehicle.

Regards,

Dan.

Toys2 - 4/8/16 at 05:41 PM

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it some more thought when it's nearer being on the road

Dan
I was with Adrian Flux last year, but a bit pricy - £174 for a basic Striker, I'm late 40's with a perfect driving record and own 2 other cars available for me to use, I can't understand how the other guys can get it for £100/£120, Maybe I should have shopped around a bit more
I'll PM you nearer to the time