Board logo

Bad move
Mr Whippy - 25/11/20 at 12:26 AM

Sitting here sniffing away eyes streaming feeling like death and its all my own fault...

Decided to get straw for the rabbits and thought I'd be clever and get some bales from a farm as they were only £2 each... A really really bad move

Stuffed 3 bales into the back of the VW Up and a few miles down the road I'm sneezing like crazy, got home and managed to get one bale out before giving up. I now have a car full of staw I can't even get in and will have to spend hours hoovering with a mask on if I'm ever to drive it again. I'll be lucky to get any sleep tonight

nick205 - 25/11/20 at 08:41 AM

Sounds a PITA - an allergy to something in the straw I guess?

On the other hand, having walked past the odd VW Up, you did well getting 3 bales in the back. They're diddy wee little cars!

russbost - 25/11/20 at 01:28 PM

I use the commonly available supermarket one a day allergy tablets for this sort of thing, usually sorts it within about 20 mins

Simon - 25/11/20 at 10:13 PM

Agree, get some anti-histamine. May not provide complete relief but will help

steve m - 25/11/20 at 10:26 PM

Just simple old Piriton does it for me,

and for the NON sufferers of any allergy like hayfever at its worst is like the flu or the worst cold you have ever had, , it really is that bad !!

Not one NON sufferer will ever believe me, but its true, and back in the 60's and 70's even the doctors didnt believe

My sympathy goes to old Whippy, and why you even attempted such a feat astounds me

ken555 - 26/11/20 at 09:40 AM

Don't cross the dual carriage Mr Whippy, or you'll have something worse than hay fever.