Board logo

OT: Sharepoint and Flow
tegwin - 1/4/20 at 01:48 PM

Aloha! Hope you're all keeping busy in these weird times.

Do any of you have any expertise in Sharepoint and the use of MS flow?

I have quite a simple problem I need to solve. Basically totalling hours worked from a "log" list and putting that number on a second list against each workers name.

If I was doing this in a conventional database or a spreadsheet it would take me 10 mins.... SharePoint however is just causing me issues!!

Can anyone offer advice? (and throwing sharepoint in the bin isn't an option sadly)

bi22le - 1/4/20 at 10:07 PM

Could you export the data as .CSV and then use Excel?
I have had to do that in the past.

tegwin - 1/4/20 at 10:12 PM

That’s definitely an option if I get desperate.

The aim was to have the totals update automatically and then be able to have graphs on the sharepoint site homepage showing individual totals and targets.

Back in the days of ms access this kind of thing was super easy. Now it seems there’s so many layers of abstraction between what I want to do and the solution.

coyoteboy - 2/4/20 at 04:12 PM

Doubt it, they seem to be makin life hard so you use their other products, like BI which might well let you do that natively.

I hate sharepoint, it's so slow and full of stupidity. I have a sharepoint Excel file, if I filter it, it's filtered for everyone in realtime, so they lose access to the cell they're working on. Ugh.

tegwin - 2/4/20 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Doubt it, they seem to be makin life hard so you use their other products, like BI which might well let you do that natively.

I hate sharepoint, it's so slow and full of stupidity. I have a sharepoint Excel file, if I filter it, it's filtered for everyone in realtime, so they lose access to the cell they're working on. Ugh.

Urgh I hate MS....