matt5964

posted on 29/5/17 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Rockingham 2nd June

Anyone booked onto this?

Will be our first of the year.

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

matt5964

posted on 2/6/17 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Turned out to be a good day nice mix of cars and quite quiet only about 25 cars so loads of space

Had an issues with the car spewing oil out of the catch can (inevitably first time ever having an action , so could my first ever spin on track, in my defence the oil had just decided to cover the outside tyer at the hairpin after turn one tried to collected the slide before chucking it round in a spin to avoid tyer barrier as know I was no to a loser in getting it back only know it was oil once back to the correct direction when some flicked onto my visor, very thankful that it did not happen at turn one )

Think it's sorted by the afternoon as it looks like the last oil change was slightly overfilled, thanks to a race team mechanic for diognosing and helping get us out again.
Guess the raceline sump instructions are dead right that it's very sensitive to only have 5ltr in no more and no less.
Still lesion learnt and little track time lost.

Late afternoon the rain came in and a 16plate focus RS met the barrier in a convincing way front end trashed completely and all the way down the drivers side, so day cut short by an hour as heave damage to barriers.

Just need to get some miles in to see if oil fix is sorted before next day that's booked at snetterton

[Edited on 2/6/17 by matt5964]

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.