Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Using Own Make & Model & Insurance
Rosco86

posted on 24/4/16 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Using Own Make & Model & Insurance

I've just been thinking, I'm building a Haynes roadster, I've filled out my IVA forms and I've made up my own make a model like most people seem to do, I'm just wondering if it will affect any insurance quotes, or do I just say it's a Haynes roadster registered as a "RAB Warhawk" I didn't really think till just now

My Build Thread

theduck

posted on 24/4/16 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Should be fine, all they really want to know is the style of car it is and what engine is in it.
JAG

posted on 24/4/16 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
It'll be fine.

Mines got a unique manufacturer name and model name "Locost"

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 24/4/16 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosco86
I've just been thinking, I'm building a Haynes roadster, I've filled out my IVA forms and I've made up my own make a model like most people seem to do, I'm just wondering if it will affect any insurance quotes, or do I just say it's a Haynes roadster registered as a "RAB Warhawk" I didn't really think till just now

Hi,
What you decide to call the vehicle would have no bearing on our insurance schemes.
Regards,
Dan.

leew2

posted on 27/4/16 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:

Hi,
What you decide to call the vehicle would have no bearing on our insurance schemes.
Regards,
Dan.

Ok, many thanks for that.
Would you be willing to detail the kind of things which have a bearing on the price of insurance and also the ease of finding someone who can actually offer me insurance? Am I correct thinking the main factor is the BHP?
I am currently building a unique one-off vehicle with the aim to achieve over 2000Mpge.

[Edited on 27/4/16 by leew2]

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 28/4/16 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leew2
quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:

Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Ok, many thanks for that.
Would you be willing to detail the kind of things which have a bearing on the price of insurance and also the ease of finding someone who can actually offer me insurance? Am I correct thinking the main factor is the BHP?
I am currently building a unique one-off vehicle with the aim to achieve over 2000Mpge.

The two main factors that will affect it are BHP and value.

Dan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.