Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scary moment
LBMEFM

posted on 24/7/16 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Scary moment

Heading down "Hairy Hill" at Lydden Hill yesterday well in excess of 90mph I changed down and started to turn into Paddock Bend to find my throttle was stuck wide open. After some hasty actions I avoided the traffic and managed to stop in the midfield section of the circuit.

On the previous lap I saw something flick up from the front wheel which hit my visor and fell into the car, I assumed it was one of the the usually lumps of rubber. When the car was recovered back to the pits I found what I thought was a lump of rubber that hit my visor was infact a GoPro type threaded knob which had found it's way into the pedal box and jammed the throttle pedal wide open, just glad it wasn't the brake pedal.

daniel mason

posted on 24/7/16 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
I've had this before In my old radical at Blyton. I dived for the clutch immediately and turned ignition off ASAP.
CosKev3

posted on 24/7/16 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
I had a similar,but safer,thing happen on the road the other week.

Could feel the car slowing on its own if I coasted,looked at third brake light on roll bar and it was on permanently.
Pulled over and found a grease nipple stuck under my brake pedal!
Must have flicked up off road as it was not off my car anywhere!

[Edited on 24/7/16 by CosKev3]

bowood14

posted on 24/7/16 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
At least it proved your brakes work I wasn't far behind you and got a lung full of brake smoke!!!!
SJ

posted on 24/7/16 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Same thing happened to me at Abingdon airfield. My Acewell recorded 8100 rpm on a standard black top Zetec. Luckily it didn't go pop.
LBMEFM

posted on 24/7/16 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
It was about the only time you were behind me Adrian, most of the time I was trying to keep up with you.
owelly

posted on 24/7/16 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
One of my cars snapped an earth strap as I booted it, so earthed the engine to chassis through the throttle cable which welded itself together.....flat out.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.