Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone had a Mazda 6?
SJ

posted on 9/8/17 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone had a Mazda 6?

I'm considering changing my tintop and quite fancy a Mazda 6 Estate.

I'd be looking at a 145ps petrol model so if anyone has any experience of this or any other model, good or bad, I'd appreciate your insights!

Cheers

Stu

[Edited on 9/8/17 by SJ]

BigGeoff

posted on 9/8/17 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
We have a 2.0 l petrol estate on an 05 plate - 175,000 on the clock and still on original clutch, shocks, exhaust. Been all over Europe in all weathers its never missed a beat. Winter tyres in the snow never had to fit chains. In its day it had the most passenger space in its class and the largest luggage area I remember rightly. Tows well too.
Have had to replace both rear calipers in the last two years but apart from that just pads and disks and the normal servicing stuff.
Our son (now 26) liked it enough to buy an 11 plate diesel last year - the newer version is a good upgrade.
Would not hesitate to buy another brilliant car.

Fandango

posted on 9/8/17 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
I had an old shape 2006 2.0 diesel a few years back, funny enough I recall absolutely nothing about it.

So must have been very reliable, or I am losing my memory!

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson

Slimy38

posted on 9/8/17 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
My mums boyfriend has a diesel saloon and it has been nothing but trouble. They've been left on the side of the road umpteen times.... and it's all to do with the DPF. He just can't seem to do the mileage or journeys to get it to regenerate correctly, and so it just fills up and throttles the engine. This is a 58 plate with lower than average mileage. Two seconds on the internet suggests it's not unique.

Having said that, the rest of the car has been ridiculously reliable, not a single loose bolt or dodgy connection. So I reckon if you get the petrol version you'll probably be perfectly fine!

[Edited on 9/8/17 by Slimy38]

jossey

posted on 10/8/17 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
Same as above I had a diesel and nothing but issues. Regeneration didn't work got a new maf sensor new dpf and 30k later knackered again then crank went due to issues with carbon build up. Then oil pump went so went again.
Bushes went all the time.
I would never buy a mazda diesel but I hear the petrol are ok.
I used to do 60k a year so regenerate should have been fine.
Lasted 35k before I got rid

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 10/8/17 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
Mazda 6 petrol shouldn't be an issue diesels are reliable aswell but as per all diesels suffer usual diesel issues ...
SJ

posted on 10/8/17 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. My reasons for going for a petrol are firstly that I prefer petrol engines and secondly I'm concerned if I get a diesel Sadiq Kahn might decide to crush it next week!

My Mondeo TDCi has been pretty much trouble free though for the past 95k, with no dpf issues at all.

Looks like I can get a new Mazda 6 petrol estate for about £17k which seems like a good deal.

Stu

PSpirine

posted on 10/8/17 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Had a great Mazda 626 for a few months. Petrol too. Was a great car.

...It was a 1992, and cost £250. This may not be the most helpful reply.

matt5964

posted on 10/8/17 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Had a 6mps on a 05 plate awsome car very well built only downsides were unusual tyre size and very thirsty

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

SJ

posted on 11/8/17 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Had a great Mazda 626 for a few months. Petrol too. Was a great car.

...It was a 1992, and cost £250. This may not be the most helpful reply.

I like the old Mazda's. My mates dad had one of these in the 80's and I loved it.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

bonzoronnie

posted on 11/8/17 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a 1998 mazda 626 cat c insurance loss
2 year old, 17k miles on the clock ( 2 litre petrol )

Fitted 2 new doors & rear quarter panel & she was good to go.

Kept the car for over 10 years, never missed a beat or cost me anything other than usual service items.

Can honestly say, it was the best car I had ever owned.

I know it was the earlier Mazda 6 incarnation but if the new petrol versions are similar, would have another one without doubt.

AntonUK

posted on 11/8/17 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 66 plate sportnav, its the best sensible daily I've ever had. Up to 25k in it since sept and not had any issues whatsoever. Even on the original tyres and brakes ATM.

Comfortable, reseasonable well made and while not quick it's certainly up to the job of modern traffic plus a bit in reserve.

I thoroughly recommend them. It's a lot of car for the money compared to others in the same class.

Build Photos Here

SJ

posted on 12/8/17 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
I test drove one this morning and really liked it. I think I'll be ordering one on Monday. Anybody used GB Car Deals on line?

Cheers

Stu

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.