Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bec air box intake diameter
flanders

posted on 6/3/18 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Bec air box intake diameter

Im looking to design a cold air intake for my Reverie Hayabusa air box on my zx12r engine

im thinking of fitting a pipercross 100mm inline sock (see ink) to the airbox intake (100mm) then reducing down to 75mm for the cold air duct from the nose cone. would the 75mm section be too restrictive?

filter - http://www.burtonpower.com/pipercross-air-filter-600-air-box-75-100mm-c6000.html

Reverie air box - https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/westfield-hayabusa-airbox-01.php

Im going to do something similar to this - http://mnrvortxrpehayabusa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/pipercross-px600-airbox-4.html

CosKev3

posted on 7/3/18 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
I think 3 inch will be fine,pretty sure standard bike airbox entry points aren't that big
Andybarbet

posted on 7/3/18 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using the PX600 airbox on my zetec with gsxr
600 throttle bodies. Also using the same pipercross filter in the mouth of the box.

I'm pretty sure I worked out that if I use a 3" duct to feed to the airbox, the surface area is almost identical to the surface area of the 4 throttle bodies.

I managed to pick up a 3" naca duct at a very reasonable price to fit on the nosecone somewhere. 4" ones were trickier to find.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

flanders

posted on 8/3/18 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks lads, im trying to find out the size of the original intake of the zx12r motor bike so hopefully i can size it from that.

Id rather it was 3" as its easier and cheaper for the parts i need, and less bulky

I think im going to fit a cone filter in nose cone, then duct it back to the airbox rather than using the pipercross inline sock

[Edited on 8/3/18 by flanders]

flanders

posted on 9/3/18 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Luckily i bought a zx12r yesterday so i can measure the intake- if ive measured correctly the intake on the bike is equivalent to a 6.3 inch diameter circle

the intake is a Trapezoid shape so i measured the circumference with string which gave me 500mm, this (i think) equates to a 159mm diameter circle

intake
intake

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.