Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: reverse trike V5
Mr Whippy

posted on 9/5/18 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
reverse trike V5

Hi,

Just a quick one, with a vehicle like below where everything bar the front forks is used and the frame of the bike remains unchanged, does this need an IVA or does it just use the V5 and registration of the bike, how do you convert the V5 from a bike to a trike?? it could be considered perhaps as a rather elaborate redesign of the front forks

I'm wanting to do one of these conversions to build a daily cheap to run trike for running back and forward to work... something like a 300cc bike, maybe even converted to LPG for super low costs...

I have a full bike license but the missus band me from bikes once we had kids... but for some reason doesn't seem to see this kind of thing a problem

Advice appreciated, Cheers

[Edited on 9/5/18 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fishywick

posted on 9/5/18 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
My understanding is that if it can be converted back to a bike and the front end is bolt on then it is exempt from MSVA. ie. the headstock must be retained and not welded etc.

MEV did an R1 reverse trike at one time, although I don't think they do any more. Search 2rike on facebook, a bloke from Yorkshire did a very tidy one, again based on a complete R1. Come to think of it MEV also did a lightweight one based on a Suzuki Burgman scooter 450cc? Name was Exo Exo or similar. That was sold on but not sure if anyone actually produces it now.

Not sure what happens with the V5. Is it like a rebody where a possible DVLA inspection is required but no SVA/MSVA and it aquires another name of your choice.

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/5/18 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks that's very helpful
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.