Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What breakdown cover
big_wasa

posted on 26/6/18 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
What breakdown cover

I know it's been asked before but i am looking for current recommendations. I am looking for driver cover with recovery.

Green flag will only cover vehicles under 16 years old , the Indy is on an age related plate.

In theory I have cover through my bank but I've never looked at the small print or put it to the test.

Cheers

melly-g

posted on 26/6/18 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I've got RAC roadside recovery, for me and the missus.

Paid with tesco vouchers £35.

Never had to use it YET, so don't know how it will be!

gingerprince

posted on 26/6/18 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I use GEM Assist. Personal cover for me and the Mrs on any car. Have used for the MK a couple of times of the years, no issue. No car age stipulation. Only downside (if it is for you) is no European cover, so have to buy a separate contract for Le Mans trips.
tims31

posted on 26/6/18 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I know it's been asked before but i am looking for current recommendations. I am looking for driver cover with recovery.

Green flag will only cover vehicles under 16 years old , the Indy is on an age related plate.

In theory I have cover through my bank but I've never looked at the small print or put it to the test.

Cheers

I use Auto Aid https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/ £43 a year and cover for any vehicle plus you can add the missus for free.

They do cover kitcars

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

CosKev3

posted on 26/6/18 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
quote:

Cheers

I use Auto Aid https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/ £43 a year and cover for any vehicle plus you can add the missus for free.

They do cover kitcars

Just taken out the same after reading good reviews on the Westfield club forum about them

SJ

posted on 26/6/18 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

quote:
quote:

Cheers

They do cover kitcars

Just taken out the same after reading good reviews on the Westfield club forum about them

Me too. £43 for me and the wife.

big_wasa

posted on 26/6/18 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Cheers

They do cover kitcars

Thanks, that will do.

owelly

posted on 26/6/18 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
I've been with Britannia for over 30 years but I think I may change! Britannia have quite a long list of excluded vehicles whereas autoaidbeakdown have a shorter list!!
"*UK vehicles only. Private cars and motorcycles. Vans, pick-ups and motorised caravans will only be covered if they do not exceed 3.5tonnes gross vehicle weight. Excluded vehicles are minibuses, vehicles used as taxis for private or public hire or vans used for business use."

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 26/6/18 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
It does also say any vehicle that has been raced, rallied at any point in your owner ship. never gov, honest.
ragindave

posted on 4/7/18 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Cheaper on groupon.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/autoaid-1?keyw=autoaid&crea=257534670216&netw=g&adpos=1t1&utm_campaign=UK_DT_SEA_GGL_TXT_TTT_SR_CBP_CH 1_NBR_k*autoaid_m*p_c*257534670216_d*UK-RTC-Root-National_g*RTC-autoaid-1-PHRASE_s*1407_t*kwd-297830303458&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&am p;loc_physical_ms=9046220&loc_interest_ms=&template=ETA_DKI_7&gclid=CjwKCAjw4PHZBRA-EiwAAas4ZkZWPDXqsNSXLKFwr88TpMTuR3nnZFXiH0u6AzpeVGlSvz I_HkvjPxoCxNIQAvD_BwE

coozer

posted on 4/7/18 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have autoaid as well, moved to them after and horrendous dealing with the AA..

Not the breakdown guy as he was mint and towed me to where I was going but having to ring customer services and deal with the shite from them put me right off....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

overdriver

posted on 4/7/18 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Autoaid for me too with no problems for kit car. The only downside being that you have to be 'married' to your 'other half' to have them included on the same policy. Just being in a stable relationship (nearly 20 years in our case) don't cut it. Roll on civil partnership legislation for heterosexual couples!

Michael.

Slimy38

posted on 4/7/18 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by overdriver
Autoaid for me too with no problems for kit car. The only downside being that you have to be 'married' to your 'other half' to have them included on the same policy. Just being in a stable relationship (nearly 20 years in our case) don't cut it. Roll on civil partnership legislation for heterosexual couples!

Michael.

Yep, I had to provide a copy of the marriage certificate as despite us being married, she didn't take my surname.

But they are top notch. My wife lost a wheel in a pothole, and they were all over it. Regular updates to both of us (I was in Leeds at the time while she was in Wolverhampton), very quick pickup on a flat bed, delivery to our trusted garage, follow up calls to make sure we were ok, the works. I can't recommend them enough.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.