Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anglesey March 03rd
Fandango

posted on 8/1/19 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Anglesey March 03rd

Hi all.

Just booked Anglesey for 03rd March, Javelin Trackdays, £129

This is 2 different track layouts, 1 in the morning, and 1 after lunch.

Hope for a dry warmish day, as I have never used slicks, and have a set to try out.

Anyone else here going?

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson

Fandango

posted on 11/1/19 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
This thing goes well;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYn74RjjLuw

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson

SJ

posted on 12/1/19 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Not done a track day in ages - Anglesey looks like fun!

Wish I was joining you!

Fandango

posted on 6/3/19 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Well, what a miserable day that was.

Rain from the word go, after lunch it was so bad, I couldn`t even see my mirrors!

Anyone want to buy a trackday locost?

CosKev3

posted on 6/3/19 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Big gamble with a open top car booking trackdays this early in the year!
TimC

posted on 6/3/19 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
I lasted only and hour and a bit; a snapped clutch cable after c.10 laps.

Nevermind - at least the car made some sort of debut.
A photo of the Gemini finally on track!

Llandow is now booked for 9th April.

[Edited on 6/3/19 by TimC]

Fandango

posted on 6/3/19 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Never been to Llandow, but pretty local for me also.

Have you got a link to book this?

TimC

posted on 6/3/19 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fandango
Never been to Llandow, but pretty local for me also.

Have you got a link to book this?

You need to call them - number in the link.
http://www.llandow.com/trackdays/cars/
It’s only £100

It’s run in sessions so need to select Beginners, Intermediate or Advanced.

I’ve gone in the top group which will be fine if I can change gear properly.

Hmm

Fandango

posted on 10/3/19 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that, Tim

I think we are going to risk another trip to Anglesey, as we loved it so much, when we had a dry day there last year.

I reckon Anglesey is one of the best tracks, for lightweight, agile kit cars, with limited top speed.

I was running rings around my mates expensive, and very sorted Mini Cooper S, last time out.

Anyway, hope you have a better day, than we both had last week!

CosKev3

posted on 10/3/19 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fandango
Cheers for that, Tim

I think we are going to risk another trip to Anglesey, as we loved it so much, when we had a dry day there last year.

I reckon Anglesey is one of the best tracks, for lightweight, agile kit cars, with limited top speed.

I was running rings around my mates expensive, and very sorted Mini Cooper S, last time out.

Anyway, hope you have a better day, than we both had last week!

Oulton Park is way better than Anglesey for sevens IMO

Much cleaner and better surface too,and up with a car full of chippings at Anglesey,don't get any at Oulton

Fandango

posted on 10/3/19 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I do like Oulton Park, have been there many times, and had some great days there.

Should go back there as well.

Always more trackdays available, than money / time to do them!

TimC

posted on 11/3/19 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Assuming Llandow goes okay, I’m looking to Anglesey on 23rd May. Javelin are doing Oulton on 22nd too but it is £100 more expensive and I’d really like to be a bit more in-tune with the car before I go to Oulton - both to enjoy it more and because it is that much more precipitous - in the errors are more likely to have consequences.

CosKev3

posted on 11/3/19 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah cost is the down side to Oulton in the summer months

But you are getting to drive on a 'proper' race track used for high end motorsports,Anglesey feels like you are on a go kart track in the middle of a field!

TimC

posted on 11/3/19 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3

But you are getting to drive on a 'proper' race track used for high end motorsports,Anglesey feels like you are on a go kart track in the middle of a field!

I know - and I remain properly proud of my 1300 X-flow powered 2:08 lap on the full circuit.

It’s just a matter of timing for me - I’m building myself and the car up to a belting day at Oulton.

JimSpencer

posted on 11/3/19 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Hi, not wishing to sound unbelieving..

But you are on about the same circuit?
Trac Mon?

I'm a regular at Oulton and was at Anglesey on Friday.. I have no idea what Gravel you're on about.. as Anglesey doesn't have any gravel traps, and the lap length isn't exactly short.. and it has a heck of a view for a 'field'..

It's one of the most modern tracks in the UK, wider than Oulton and while I agree Oulton has 'that certain something' and should be at the top of any list of good tracks, Anglesey certainly would be nowhere near the bottom.. Church and the Cockscrew in particular are superb.

I'd certainly direct a novice there (in fact I have, several times ) before I'd suggest Oulton

CosKev3

posted on 11/3/19 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JimSpencer
quote:

Hi, not wishing to sound unbelieving..

But you are on about the same circuit?
Trac Mon?

I'm a regular at Oulton and was at Anglesey on Friday.. I have no idea what Gravel you're on about.. as Anglesey doesn't have any gravel traps, and the lap length isn't exactly short.. and it has a heck of a view for a 'field'..

It's one of the most modern tracks in the UK, wider than Oulton and while I agree Oulton has 'that certain something' and should be at the top of any list of good tracks, Anglesey certainly would be nowhere near the bottom.. Church and the Cockscrew in particular are superb.

I'd certainly direct a novice there (in fact I have, several times ) before I'd suggest Oulton

Note,I didn't say gravel

Chippings are what come off the surface.

Unless they've resurfaced it since I went, 2 years ago,my car was peppered with chippings and bits of rubber every time I was behind a car running slicks.

For a novice a seasoned track day at Oulton would be way better than a open pit lane at Anglesey.

[Edited on 11/3/19 by CosKev3]

JimSpencer

posted on 11/3/19 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Well they haven't resurfaced it.. and I've never experienced that issue..

And I'd 100% disagree with you re Novices and Oulton.. I've taken complete novices out at both and I'm happy with my choice.

But each to their own and all that, i'll continue to do what I do and I'm sure you'll do likewise which is the beauty of our sport eh?

CosKev3

posted on 11/3/19 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps I just landed unlucky after the track had been hammered by some hard racing?

I even had marks on my helmet from the chunks of rubber being flicked up!

And it didn't clear, was still the same in the afternoon.

Fandango

posted on 11/3/19 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Some quite big areas of the track have been resurfaced over the winter period.

Although you couldn`t see them through the surface water!

JimSpencer

posted on 11/3/19 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I've experienced the 'Marbles' issue at a couple of places, but that's just the luck of the draw as to what was running the weekend before you're there, Anglesey I'd have suggested is normally better than most as it doesn't get the classes that are 'big grids full of folks running soft slicks' - but yes that's sheer luck.. and peeling bits of Avon/Pirelli/Dunlop off your lid is a right PITA

Re Fandago's note about resurfaced bits - you're spot on, had a look at they've indeed done a few bits to get rid of some bumps apparently, and yes can't say I noticed in the rain!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.