Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2 recent ebay purchases
02GF74

posted on 29/5/19 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
2 recent ebay purchases

Just thought I'd share 2 recent ebay purchase experiences so you may learn.

1. Computer motherboard. Cost about £15. When this arrived, in order to remove the hardened thermal grease from the cpu, I popped the cpu out from the sprung holder to find there was disruption to the pin array. Closer examination showed that 4 pins were bent. I started return for a refund. After much stress/annoyance, ebay ruled against me as I should not have modified the item.
Lesson here is not to touch the item. As it happened, even with the bent pins, the board still worked, a pinout would indicate these were common power or ground pins.

2.volvo tailgate stuts, £13.30, sent but ball joint socket too small. Started return but selected 'wrong size' as reason, should have selected 'not as described' to get a prepaid label. Called eBay who directed me to pay PayPal. Got full refund from PayPal so no worries about return postage. Still a bit scary that it seemed relatively easy to get a full refund and keep the item, I would not be happy if that happened other way round. I have no issue returning the item as it is no use but object paying postage for something not my fault. Lesson choose 'not as described' to get return postage paid.

[Edited on 29/5/19 by 02GF74]

ReMan

posted on 29/5/19 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
i was somewhat concerned at the latest updates to "buyer protection" which as you mention appear to make it so easy to scam a seller and have the goods and the money, an the faceless customer support that weil almost always support the buyer .

Definitely never ship anything without full tracking and signature, no matter how out of proportion the shipping cost to the value of the goods, thats my sage advice

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

chillis

posted on 30/5/19 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
And that's exactly what happens a lot now, especially if the item goes abroad, when item is delivered, say not as described and get full refund without having to return the item. Why I don't use paypal when I sell or do delivery.

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.