Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anodising services?
tegwin

posted on 3/7/19 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
Anodising services?

I am in need of anodising some aluminium components. Anyone know any good quality outfits that do anodising via post without charging silly money?

Alternatively, I’m in Bristol. Anyone know any local conpanies?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Theshed

posted on 3/7/19 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
I have used a company near me in London who were good but had a £75 minimum charge. That drove me to going DIY. It really is a straight forward process. All you need is acid (drain cleaner from B & Q or battery acid) a bit of old lead flashing and a power supply (some but not all battery chargers are suitable. You can buy dye on e-bay for very little. Making sure that you have a good connection with the part is the only difficult bit.

Sorry that is not a response to your question.

A few pics of my attempts below

Description
Description

Description
Description

and the set up

anodising tank
anodising tank

tegwin

posted on 3/7/19 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply.

I'd love to go the DIY route but as this is for work I think they would go nuts if I started buying battery acid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

SteveWalker

posted on 3/7/19 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Set yourself up as a supplier to the company and do it in your spare time at home to make a bit on the side

[Edited on 3/7/19 by SteveWalker]

coyoteboy

posted on 3/7/19 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
Set yourself up as a supplier to the company and do it in your spare time at home to make a bit on the side

[Edited on 3/7/19 by SteveWalker]

Can't do this unless you supply others too, this was being used as a way for companies to force staff into doing overtime outside reasonable limits so the govt cracked down on it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.