Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Holiday Advice Please
John P

posted on 17/11/19 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Holiday Advice Please

Hi,

We're thinking about taking a week or 10-day holiday somewhere warm earlyish next year. (Probably between March and June).

We like to be near the beach but actually enjoy being able to see the sights and walk to shops, bars and small restaurants / cafes in the evening. In fact Playa de Las Americas in Tenerife has been one of our favourite destinations because it seems safe to walk about in the evenings and there are plenty of places along the sea front where you can get a drink or meal.

We've also been to Agadir in Morocco a couple of times where we had a really good hotel but there wasn't actually that much to do close by so we ended up either sitting around the hotel grounds or going out on organised tours.

Also been to Malta, Rhodes, Lanzarote and Southern Spain.

My wife has some mobility problems so we can't really go for anything which would require any strenuous walking.

Don't have a definite budget but ideally not more than £1800 for the two of us although I guess we would spend more if it was somewhere special

Like to go somewhere we've not been before so any suggestions?

John.

rusty nuts

posted on 18/11/19 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Dalyan in Turkey is mainly flat with plenty of good restaurants and shops etc , a nice boat ride to a really good beach costs peanuts , some interesting relics across the river like a Roman amphitheater and cliff temple. Easy connections from the local airport.
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 18/11/19 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Lanzorote playa blanca is nice and flat decent walks along the promenade
steve m

posted on 18/11/19 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Any where in the Algarve would be my choice,

We used to own property in Carvoeiro and would still do so, if my wife could fly (ear problems means she cant)

And used to visit Faro Lagos, Portimao and other places on the coast regularly, however if you wanted to avoid
The "nightlife and youngsters scene" don't go to Albufeira,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

designer

posted on 19/11/19 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
My wife was mobility problems (uses a walker) and the Tonoz Beach Hotel in Ola Deniz in Turkey is perfect, the foods good too. Been twice and going next year too.
The hotel is on the main drag, but the 'garden rooms' are quiet, on the ground floor, near the pool, near the restaurant and everything is just outside.
The local 'dolmush' bus service is just around the corner to move you locally.
There are loads of trips available, my mrs is doing a parasail next time as I have organised 2 bloke to throw her off the mountain and another 2 to catch her.
I would advise to take any boat trips from fethiye as getting 'on and off' is a lot easier.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
overdriver

posted on 19/11/19 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
John,

U2U sent.

Michael.

T66

posted on 19/11/19 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Playa Blanca Lanzarote is a nice flat venue, Ive used lanzluxuryvillas & homeaway. If you want a clean but low frills/cost hotel the Atlantica Beach hotel in Playa Blanca is adults only. Its not a swingers club, although the age range is 50+.

If you liked southern Spain, Estepona is a lovely town on the coast, about 40 minutes from the airport. depends what you are both after, I lived on the east side of Malaga for a few months if you want any info on that area.

coyoteboy

posted on 21/11/19 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Pissouri Bay,Cyprus. Small village, a handful of restaurants. Rent a car (Cheap) and drive up to Pissouri village for more restaurants and bars if required. Plenty of things to see an do. Flights are ~2-300 return, accommodation is cheap, it's not overrun with people. Maybe a bit too remote for you though.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.