Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Evolution of a striker
Fawltyian

posted on 30/11/20 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Evolution of a striker

Thought I might post a bit of a tale of how our Striker tr has evolved over the last ten years. Built by Neil Palmer to race in the rgb as a class c car it quickly became redundant as rgb went into hyper drive and class c was dropped. Neil and I then shared it in the cscc mag sevens but the 919 was underpowered so at the end of 2013 we took the depiction to upgrade to latest CBR1000RR power.
Unfortunately the car was trusted to someone with more enthusiasm than knowledge, and as weeks turned to months we turned up at the first race of the season with a car that was not ready at all and pulled the plug on that weekend. Next race at coombe (a very long way) saw us first see the amazing potential of the car before the oil filter span loose on the just after the start finish line, drop oil onto rear wheels and I span out in 6th, just missing the barriers. Oh and the gear shift was on backwards!
Neil took the car back in house and spent many months undoing some truly shocking work, with help from Tim Gray, flatshifter max fitted with electronic gear shift body work sorted with a nice Kawasaki green and the car was back as it should be.
Start of 2015 1st race Neil plants it on pole in group 1 of the mag 7s.
Come the race good start, but then the only thing left on the car by said mechanic namely the wing broke and became trapped under the tyre. Into the pits and fight back begins, fastest laps then, remember the oil filter coming loose? Yep, we snap a conrod engine destroyed.
At this point both of us are broke. End of 2015 season.
I buy Neil’s share out for 2016, nice engine from Tim gray, car is fast, very fast, much faster than me! Did a few events with the Nsscc, very friendly people,
Snetterton again 2017 first race, tip, when you have solenoid operated gears, don’t change down when accelerating, sends 3rd gear out the side of the block.
Cue 3rd cbr engine, touch wood, working well no racing this year so I took the thing to bits, new floor and British Gas blue, can’t wait for nex t year
Sorry if I bored you

Fawltyian has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

Fawltyian

posted on 30/11/20 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
First build

Brand new

Fawltyian has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

bi22le

posted on 30/11/20 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
A nice read and I really hope the campaign goes well next time round. 15 odd years ago was the first time I saw kit car racing and there were loads of Strikers. I have been to the last few rounds of RGB and there are none now. As a Striker owner I really wish I could watch more being raced.

I could and maybe should write a story about the chassis I have, it won't be a short one though.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

TimC

posted on 30/11/20 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great.
Remember the early days of the car.

peter030371

posted on 1/12/20 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Good read and good luck in the future.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.