Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Avon SVA coming up on 18th Jan
Ian D

posted on 5/1/08 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Avon SVA coming up on 18th Jan

Guys,

Could you look over these pictures and see if you can see any obvious SVA failures.
I have used a lot of self amalgam tape over the lower suspension mounts. The upper front suspension mounts I would appreciate some advice on. I have fitted the caps ver the bolts but the bracket edges are still there. Rescued attachment Lower suspension compressed.jpg
Rescued attachment Lower suspension compressed.jpg

Ian D

posted on 5/1/08 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Try again smaller picture Rescued attachment Lower suspension compressed.jpg
Rescued attachment Lower suspension compressed.jpg

Ian D

posted on 5/1/08 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Another photo
Ian D

posted on 5/1/08 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
another photo Rescued attachment plenum.jpg
Rescued attachment plenum.jpg

Ian D

posted on 5/1/08 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry guys having trouble with pictures. Have stuck them in my photo album and they all start in the description SVA.

Thanks

Ian

nludkin

posted on 5/1/08 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
You should be alright with the lower suspension, I effectively did the same, the only difference is I used convoluted tubing over the nut on the steering arms which made sure that they couldn't feel a sharp edge. So, as long as you can't feel a sharp edge there you should be fine.

There are a few possible problems though..

The pipe from the master cylinder to the compensation valve goes for about 20cm? and then straight into a 3 way T that has the hydraulic brake line switch on. Is that line completely secure? as the angle of the photo doesn't show a bracket.

Pipe cladding is definately a no-no down at Avonmouth. :-( Sorry... they will allow a toughened covering material (I used a heater hose, split down the middle and glued on under the dash vinyl), but cladding was deemed to be removeable and not strong enough.

You will also need to cover the tube that goes above the passengers shins/knees in a padded covering too (Can't see if you have from the photos)

On the bottom of the headlights, have you got a ring on it that stands proud of the mount (Like a large flat washer?) if you have, this edge will need covering too somehow. Some people have used squash balls.

The inlet plenum should be ok though as should the front suspension.

Anyway, good luck with the SVA. They are a good bunch down there and even if you don't get through first time, they give you enough help to make sure you get through on the retest.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.