Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Classic Striker for Sale
yogibear1969

posted on 28/2/21 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Classic Striker for Sale

Hi,
I have taken the very hard decision to sell my Striker that I built 20 years ago.
More details on request but its a Classic Striker, Green body, yellow chasssis. 2.0 Pinto approx 130BHP, has been tuned to 150 proir but had to detuned for driveabilty. Twin 40 dellortos, which to be fair are a bit undersized for a 2.0 pinto and I had planned to convert to Bike carbs but never got it done!
Have fitted a new rear end (and front wings) late last year as last one was damaged a few years ago.
Full weather gear and a tonneau cover.
Well known (?) car in the JPSC and many Le Mans trips!!!
I am in no great rush to sell, so unless someone offers me a great deal I hope to have a bit of fun in it this year first!
PM me or email edwardDOTberresfordATgmailDOTcom for more information.
Edd Berresford.

[Edited on 28/2/21 by yogibear1969]

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 1/3/21 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
What’s the price ?
yogibear1969

posted on 1/3/21 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Price?
Although obviously important, I also would like to consider the buyer's plans for Striker!
As said this is not a quick sale and I'd like to see Striker given the drives she deserves. For example I'd be very reluctant to sell to a dealer; are such people about anymore in the Kitcar industry?; maybe someone would like to remove the pinto and sell to the rally crowd? I don't know. I've only just made the decision to sell her and although I had a price in mind I don't wish to post it for fear of either ridicule or compromising future dicsussions.
I am well aware of the Kitcar industry and that a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay! Which is why I am happy to wait for the right buyer.
Thanks.
Edd.

Shandylegs

posted on 1/3/21 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Striker

Hi Edd

Sorry, but I never get the ‘For sale but with no price?’ In fact it positively puts me off and everyone else that I know. For example - How do you know if the car is in your budget or not? Just put a price up and let the market decide if it’s right or not.

Also, while going off in one, what’s it matter what happens to the car after you have sold it. Presumably you will have reached a price you are happy with, leaving the new owner free to do what he wants with the car? If there is an attachment to the car why not keep it, even if not being used that much?

N.B. Genuinely don’t mean to offend, just some pointers if you really want to sell.

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/3/21 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Me too, no price no interest and chances if you ask you'll get some ridiculous over estimation of its value based on some irrelevant sentimental thing with the owner which no one else cares about. It's just a car FS not your first born...

ps first born for sale £50,000 or px for a Tesla model 3

[Edited on 1/3/21 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 1/3/21 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Guys, Stop being so harsh. Pretty sure Edd knows the realistic value. What he is most interested in is it not being stripped for parts...

[Edited on 1/3/21 by stevebubs]

[Edited on 1/3/21 by stevebubs]

Shandylegs

posted on 1/3/21 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
Guys, Stop being so harsh. Pretty sure Edd knows the realistic value. What he is most interested in is it not being stripped for parts...

If that's the case then a price would be helpful!

Being honest, I'm Sure most Kit owners are well aware of what their car may fetch on the open market. Some hold out for every last pound, others are more realistic - perhaps in part due to circumstances.

The point being that once sold the new owner is free to do whatever they wish with the car. Much as I love a good Pinto, with deep enough pockets who wouldn't want to change over and fit a Duratec? Likewise, if the new owner wanted to punt the car on for a profit - all it means is that it was perhaps sold too cheaply in the first place.

I have never owned a Striker, but will do at some point as they seem to be universally praised. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks....

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 1/3/21 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
I assume you don’t really want to sell it no price on a for sale advert makes no sense if you have a price in mind post it .

[Edited on 1/3/21 by ian locostzx9rc2]

steve m

posted on 1/3/21 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
No price
No proper description
No referance to its history SVA/IVA/ or just on the donors reg
No Pictures

Infact all we do know, its got a boat anchor for an engine

And you still have to vet the new owner of there suitability of owning and looking after this car, and maintaning its originality

This really is going to sell the car ? ??

NOT,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

02GF74

posted on 1/3/21 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shandylegs
Also, while going off in one, what’s it matter what happens to the car after you have sold it. .

Yes this. What does it matter? it's not like it is a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO.

You are selling lumps of metal, not giving away your daughter's hand in marriage.

Take the money and move one without drama, there are more important things in life to get sentimental about.

perksy

posted on 1/3/21 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair I think I'd delete the thread and then when you are ready to sell it post the full spec' and price, Just trying to help
yogibear1969

posted on 1/3/21 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Well,
That went well! LOL!!
Taking all your comments on board! Once I get the piccies sorted I'll do some research and post a proper advert! Scheesh! You all bored today????
Anyway, I guess my post was supposed to be the first step to selling, and letting anyone with an interest know it's out there!
I was well aware that without a price and specs I wasn't gonna get serious interest!
So, as one suggested I'll delete this thread and start a new one once I've got her in the Sun and some pics.
Edd.
PS. It was my first born!

yogibear1969

posted on 1/3/21 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
"What he is most interested in is it not being stripped for parts..."

Indeed!
Why is that such a bad thing?
Edd

snapper

posted on 1/3/21 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Edd Nooooo,
It’s part of you.
Quick car, I was on the LeMans trip, when I met Edd he saw me turn up in my Fiesta ST as the Lotus 7 replica had given up he said...” you should be able to keep up” I did but boy did I have to work hard.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

chillis

posted on 1/3/21 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yogibear1969
Hi,
I have taken the very hard decision to sell my Striker that I built 20 years ago.
More details on request but its a Classic Striker, Green body, yellow chasssis. 2.0 Pinto approx 130BHP, has been tuned to 150 proir but had to detuned for driveabilty. Twin 40 dellortos, which to be fair are a bit undersized for a 2.0 pinto and I had planned to convert to Bike carbs but never got it done!
Have fitted a new rear end (and front wings) late last year as last one was damaged a few years ago.
Full weather gear and a tonneau cover.
Well known (?) car in the JPSC and many Le Mans trips!!!
I am in no great rush to sell, so unless someone offers me a great deal I hope to have a bit of fun in it this year first!
PM me or email edwardDOTberresfordATgmailDOTcom for more information.
Edd Berresford.

[Edited on 28/2/21 by yogibear1969]

WTF?

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

yogibear1969

posted on 2/3/21 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksy
To be fair I think I'd delete the thread and then when you are ready to sell it post the full spec' and price, Just trying to help

How do you delete a thread?
Edd

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/3/21 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I think after a certain amount of time the delete option goes away. You can thank CaLviNx for that after he gave back Chis some server space following a tantrum. Don't worry we've all put stupid posts on here over the years, we don't care.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.