Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: JK Composites
Paul_Arion

posted on 8/2/19 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
JK Composites

Hi all

Has anyone had any dealings with JK Composites recently? I Have been trying to call them all week regarding seats ordered in December which I was told a month ago were going into production - but no response via email or answering their phone all week

Cheers
Paul

Myke 2463

posted on 8/2/19 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tries Twitter ?

Be Lucky Mike.

Paul_Arion

posted on 8/2/19 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Just tried that now (after signing up for an account!) - seems they don't want to be contacted and are about to lose the order. Thankfully they haven't taken payment in advance
wonderfulweasel

posted on 8/2/19 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
I contacted them for a quote a few weeks ago. They did take a week to be back to me and said that their admin assistant only works part time, and their staff are particularly busy this time of year.

I have contacted them a couple of times since and they have always got back to me, albeit after around a week. I don't have an order with them currently though.

Paul_Arion

posted on 8/2/19 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wonderfulweasel
I contacted them for a quote a few weeks ago. They did take a week to be back to me and said that their admin assistant only works part time, and their staff are particularly busy this time of year.

I have contacted them a couple of times since and they have always got back to me, albeit after around a week. I don't have an order with them currently though.

I appreciate they might be busy but seems they could do better if they actually answered the phone occasionally. Not good when they haven't responded to a previous email sent 9th January in my case however. Frustrating!!

CosKev3

posted on 8/2/19 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
They are a father and son team,and are always busy.

Great pair of genuine down to earth blokes though,and really good seats!

Before you badmouth them too much they could be on holiday,or had family issues/illness etc

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/2/19 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Obviously not permitted to have a life
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gaz_gaz

posted on 8/2/19 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Are you needing the narrow seats from Jk? I had similar problems with them and ended up buying something else.

there's a fella on here making and selling some really nice looking seats. I think he's in Spain or Portugal. might be worth a search?

Paul_Arion

posted on 8/2/19 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
Are you needing the narrow seats from Jk? I had similar problems with them and ended up buying something else.

there's a fella on here making and selling some really nice looking seats. I think he's in Spain or Portugal. might be worth a search?

I’m fitting them to an MX5 sprint / hill climb car and the standard seats just don’t give the lateral support I need. I ordered 2 months ago and was told via email on 9th Jan that “my seats were going into production” and they needed to confirm bracket requirement. I replied immediately with the answer and a further question and have had no response /updates since.
With the season now looming and numerous events entered in March, I need to get the coat “on the road” which given I was originally given an estimated date of end Jan and then an update confirming a full month ago that seats were in production gave me plenty of time. That time is now running down and I have absolutely no idea if / when I’ll receive these seats - hence my question on here as to whether anyone has heard from them recently (above posts confirm they are still working and responding - eventually). I know just how good JK seats are which is why I went straight to them - but if they can’t supply then I have to look into alternatives rather than waiting indefinitely
Mr Whippy I don’t know what your issue is but whilst they’re allowed a life, customer service is generally quite important to most businesses (I run one - do you?). Whats the point of your post trying to inflame things rather than post something helpful?

02GF74

posted on 8/2/19 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Arion

Mr Whippy I don’t know what your issue is but whilst they’re allowed a life, customer service is generally quite important to most businesses (I run one - do you?). Whats the point of your post trying to inflame things rather than post something helpful?

It's what's commonly known as a joke but it doesn't always come across like that in the written word.

But yes, you're right, good business practice is to respond in a timely manner, even if it is to say delivery is not possible, that way you'd know where you stand. As time is running out, you may need to vote with your pound notes and buy elsewhere.

Paul_Arion

posted on 8/2/19 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

It's what's commonly known as a joke but it doesn't always come across like that in the written word.

But yes, you're right, good business practice is to respond in a timely manner, even if it is to say delivery is not possible, that way you'd know where you stand. As time is running out, you may need to vote with your pound notes and buy elsewhere.

Without so much as admired emoticon it doesn’t really come over as a joke - more a personal dig at someone who is trying to ascertain if there’s a genuine reason for non-contact for a month. I’m obviously not alone in having given up on JK - as nice as they may be personally and as good as the seats are - it’s purely a business type decision to walk away. It’d be lovely to be in a position to wait indefinitely but that’s just not the case

Unfortunately now - as good as I know the product is and very clearly the best product for my own needs, I simply can’t afford to wait forever and will as you say have to vote in this instance with my pound notes. I’ve already got a pair of Tilley B6’s for the Arion but will look at making some brackets to fit them to the MX5

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.