Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Are striker Mk 2 body panels still available?
ChrissyDai

posted on 13/12/20 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Are striker Mk 2 body panels still available?

Afternoon guys, I’ve stumbled across a Sylva Striker Mk2 rolling chassis for sale. It’s got an engine that comes in a box (so probably knackered) and other bits and bobs, but the body looks extremely sorry for itself! At £2000 I know I shouldn’t expect much, but if I can’t replace the body/bonnet etc it’s pretty much a waste of money. Do the Raw parts still fit?
I would add some pictures, but I cannot for the life of me seem to do it anymore.

It’s been sitting for 12 years, no engine, looks really rough.... but, it is registered properly not like everything else I’ve seen!
What’s your thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/12/20 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds way over priced for a shoddy car in bits and a knackered engine. I'd offer £750 - 800 for it. If they don't take it walk away and look for something better.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SCAR

posted on 13/12/20 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Haven't seen it but from description it sounds like £600 to £800

Seen the pics looks a bit better than the description so could be more like £1200

[Edited on 14/12/20 by SCAR]

lsdweb

posted on 13/12/20 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Dai.

If it has a legit V5 then it's worth a few quid but still nowhere near 2k.

Regards

Wyn (in Llanelli)

quote:
Originally posted by ChrissyDai
Afternoon guys, I’ve stumbled across a Sylva Striker Mk2 rolling chassis for sale. It’s got an engine that comes in a box (so probably knackered) and other bits and bobs, but the body looks extremely sorry for itself! At £2000 I know I shouldn’t expect much, but if I can’t replace the body/bonnet etc it’s pretty much a waste of money. Do the Raw parts still fit?
I would add some pictures, but I cannot for the life of me seem to do it anymore.

It’s been sitting for 12 years, no engine, looks really rough.... but, it is registered properly not like everything else I’ve seen!
What’s your thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Shandylegs

posted on 13/12/20 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
If it’s the one on FB marketplace it does look tired.

But if you were to strip it back and get cleaning/painting it certainly looks like it could be saved (including the fibreglass). Is it worth £2k - not sure I’d go that high, but if correctly registered it’s a blank canvass that you don’t have to jump through hoops to get it on the road.

Suppose it’s all down to budget and time, the latter if the budget is low 😂

Werner Van Loock

posted on 14/12/20 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
To answer your question, current body still fits yes, i've got a 89 striker with the raw bulge bonnet and nose, but even new scuttle and rear bodywork fit.
here it is
Striker 2013
Striker 2013

Price wise, that's your own choice. As said above, i'd offer way less but it still worth some money as it's properly registered.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 14/12/20 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
£2k seems a lot of money for what sounds to be a car in bits needing a fair bit of work doing and no doubt parts sourcing. IMHO I'd be looking for a more up together car for that sort of money at this cold and damp time time of year.
peter030371

posted on 14/12/20 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
As others have said yes RAW can still supply parts and they will fit fine. It looks like it needs a complete strip and rebuild (assuming it is the FB one) but that's not a bad thing as you can then make it your own

Price is always negotiable and ultimately whats it worth to you?

lsdweb

posted on 14/12/20 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
This one?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/838732346945687/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

ChrissyDai

posted on 14/12/20 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it.

Yes, that’s the one!

steve m

posted on 14/12/20 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Last taxed in 1999, so its just been collecting crap and water, and by the looks of it all the time outside!
And to be honest, it doesnt look to be well built either,

The only thing it has going for it, is the V5, so the whole package is based on that, £500 would be my max

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/12/20 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Holy molly, sorry but that car looks terrible. Looks very worn out and unloved. You could easily spend 3k sorting that mess out.

Yeah £500 would be a more accurate valuation.

[Edited on 14/12/20 by Mr Whippy]

big_wasa

posted on 14/12/20 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it looks sorry for itself and is only worth what some one will pay but look around and what stuff has been fetching.Even the old robin hoods are on the up.

Chassis and v5 £750 + and that’s for a legit re chassis. If the v5 says something thing a little a little broader ie “Locost” it would sell for a grand easily right or wrong.

Gearboxes even untested even a 4 spd

A full 2.0 Pinto needing a refresh with spares

A good English axle, I’ve not even seen one for a while.

And all the other donor parts.

perksy

posted on 14/12/20 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
That's not 2k, That's a full strip & rebuild...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.