Board logo

I'm still around
Petemate - 27/1/16 at 08:58 PM

Thanks Chris for reminding me that I have not contributed for a considerable time. I have, since my last post, had a look at the forum occasionally, pleased to see plenty going on with my budget approach!
However, since last posting I have been through two mechanical marriages and subsequent divorces. The first was my Robin Hood which was sold, after completion and a few outings, to make way for a replica 1929 Model A Roadster with YSR chassis, Rover V8, BW 35 auto box and Volvo 240 rear end. Great fun with it but it went to be replaced by - nothing until my OH bought me a 233cc Honda LA 250 Custom in 2013 for Xmas and for me to restore on a budget and to avoid me vegetating after finally retiring (4th time - this retirement stuck).
I have finished the bike and I am quite pleased with it. But - a nasty slide on some rain-soaked diesel a few weeks ago reminded me that, at 80 this year, I still have an avid fear of coming off, so I planned to get a trike. No good - they are too dear even the very basic ones. Then I got the idea of getting hold of a larger bike, say 600 (NTV, like I used to despatch on) or Diversion, or whatever, and pop a sidecar or just chassis on. Outfits are great fun, stable and safe, and years ago I used to be the only one getting to my RAF station at Gaydon from Edgehill through the back roads, Kineton etc., in 6-12" of snow.
OH has put the mockers on a bigger bike for now due to cost, so once my lad and I have finished a long term project of refurbing the big workshop I will be fabricating a lightweight chassis for the LA. Well, if scooters can pull a chair, why can't my little 250? Not being restricted (it was an imported JDM) it has 21 bhp and does go quite well.
Once the project is started I will find the appropriate section and contribute with piccies for the entertainment of all.
Take care All!
Pete