Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I'm still around
Petemate

posted on 27/1/16 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still around

Thanks Chris for reminding me that I have not contributed for a considerable time. I have, since my last post, had a look at the forum occasionally, pleased to see plenty going on with my budget approach!
However, since last posting I have been through two mechanical marriages and subsequent divorces. The first was my Robin Hood which was sold, after completion and a few outings, to make way for a replica 1929 Model A Roadster with YSR chassis, Rover V8, BW 35 auto box and Volvo 240 rear end. Great fun with it but it went to be replaced by - nothing until my OH bought me a 233cc Honda LA 250 Custom in 2013 for Xmas and for me to restore on a budget and to avoid me vegetating after finally retiring (4th time - this retirement stuck).
I have finished the bike and I am quite pleased with it. But - a nasty slide on some rain-soaked diesel a few weeks ago reminded me that, at 80 this year, I still have an avid fear of coming off, so I planned to get a trike. No good - they are too dear even the very basic ones. Then I got the idea of getting hold of a larger bike, say 600 (NTV, like I used to despatch on) or Diversion, or whatever, and pop a sidecar or just chassis on. Outfits are great fun, stable and safe, and years ago I used to be the only one getting to my RAF station at Gaydon from Edgehill through the back roads, Kineton etc., in 6-12" of snow.
OH has put the mockers on a bigger bike for now due to cost, so once my lad and I have finished a long term project of refurbing the big workshop I will be fabricating a lightweight chassis for the LA. Well, if scooters can pull a chair, why can't my little 250? Not being restricted (it was an imported JDM) it has 21 bhp and does go quite well.
Once the project is started I will find the appropriate section and contribute with piccies for the entertainment of all.
Take care All!
Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.