Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Life got in the way
millenniumtree

posted on 28/1/16 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Life got in the way

Since 2008...
Bought a '69 MG Midget.
Leased (and returned at the end of the lease) a Nissan Leaf.
Poured several thousand into the Midget in repairs/upgrades. (Way too much invested to ever part with the 'ol girl now)

Chopped up and welded many bicycles into freakbikes and tallbikes.

Built a couple of bikes from atomiczombie.com.

Discovered the ukulele and about 4 other major categories of musical instrument. o_O

Serious plans to move from Wisconsin to Hawaii (Big Island) in the next 2 years.

We'll be shipping the Midget over there, and won't have a proper workshop for a while, so for the forseeable years, welding a chassis in a rental garage just won't be feasible.

I'd still love to build a Locost, but I ain't got time fo' dat right now!

I still remember fondly my late nights in perpetual research for the Locost. There's nothing quite like some good old "Shed Engineering" to lift my spirits.
Knowledge gained from this forum has made me a rather competent mechanic, and I've done every bit of work on the Midget myself, including a partial engine rebuild (cam, tappets, pushrods, crank main bearings), as well as suspension front and back, ignition, carburettor rebuild, brakes, electrical, and even chopped out and replaced the manky rotted battery tray.

Cheers ChrisW, for keeping this invaluable resource alive.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.