Board logo

Which Fuel Pump Inertia Switch?
SJ - 27/4/20 at 07:04 AM

I always meant to fit one of these but never got round to it during my build. As I've got the car partially in bits seems to make sense to do it now.

Question is which cut off switch have people used - there are plenty for about £15 on ebay but not with the connector.

Also, where's the best spot to site one on an MK Indy?

Thanks

Stu

big_wasa - 27/4/20 at 08:09 AM

I am re wiring my Indy at the moment. I found one in my parts bin yesterday so thought it would be rude not to.

Ford Focus ST170. Ive tucked it up in the foot well as its easy to reach in and reset and close to the fuel pump relay.

I just need some longer bolts.

[Edited on 27/4/20 by big_wasa]

SJ - 27/4/20 at 08:20 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I found a Honda switch with wiring on Ebay for £11 which looks like it will do the job. I think I'll mount it on the trans tunnel as that is where my wiring runs.

Stu
[img] switch
switch
[/img]

JAG - 27/4/20 at 11:30 AM

SJ - that's the same one I have. I got mine out of a Rover 200 in a scrapyard.

I located mine on the scuttle bulkhead.

SJ - 27/4/20 at 11:33 AM

quote:

SJ - that's the same one I have. I got mine out of a Rover 200 in a scrapyard.

I located mine on the scuttle bulkhead.

Justin

Great, thanks. Did you mount it vertically?

[Edited on 27/4/20 by SJ]

JAG - 27/4/20 at 12:26 PM

Yes - vertical in all planes if you get my meaning

adithorp - 27/4/20 at 12:40 PM

I used the Rover/Honda one. Mounted it beside the dash where I can reach it to reset without getting out.

SJ - 27/4/20 at 12:45 PM

Great, thanks.

This will get fitted as part of the strip down to install by cheap Chinese mini heater and fitting of new dash.

big_wasa - 27/4/20 at 02:11 PM

Just need to make sure you can get at it in a hurry if you go over a big bump or something daft.

SJ - 27/4/20 at 02:20 PM

quote:

Just need to make sure you can get at it in a hurry if you go over a big bump or something daft.

Thanks

Was planning to mount it on the tunnel in easy reach