Board logo

Blyton 19th/20th March
jeffw - 14/3/18 at 08:35 PM

I'm testing at Blyton Monday/Tuesday in the Zeus, if anyone fancies popping in a having a look and saying Hi then please do so

tims31 - 14/3/18 at 08:44 PM

I'm off work on Tuesday so will try and pop up to watch and for a chat. Would love to see this running, hopefully pop up in the Fury if the weathers good.

jeffw - 14/3/18 at 09:27 PM

Look forward to it

peter030371 - 14/3/18 at 09:41 PM

Have you got snow tyres for it..... Just saying

jeffw - 14/3/18 at 10:02 PM

be quiet

tims31 - 14/3/18 at 10:07 PM

I've looked and the weather looks okay, cold but dry.

davspeed - 15/3/18 at 11:50 AM

Living just up the road it would be rude not to pop along. I look forward to seeing and hearing it in action.

tims31 - 19/3/18 at 05:16 PM

I assume all still okay and on tomorrow?

kenton - 19/3/18 at 05:53 PM

Dont think so.

Postby jeffw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Got to Blyton yesterday to find todays event was cancelled because of the weather. Tuesday event was going ahead however.

What do I do in the spare day I have? yeap go to Blyton to see how bad it is. Of course in the process of this it required some walking on ice...which I did with elegance of a young deer and snapped my right foot back while I fell on my bum.

I've just got back from my hexed trip which hardly any movement in my right ankle, inability to stand and a new found skill in left foot braking. I decided running the Zeus tomorrow in single figure temperatures
which not being able to walk wasn't very sensible at all.

tims31 - 19/3/18 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kenton
Dont think so.

Postby jeffw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Got to Blyton yesterday to find todays event was cancelled because of the weather. Tuesday event was going ahead however.

What do I do in the spare day I have? yeap go to Blyton to see how bad it is. Of course in the process of this it required some walking on ice...which I did with elegance of a young deer and snapped my right foot back while I fell on my bum.

I've just got back from my hexed trip which hardly any movement in my right ankle, inability to stand and a new found skill in left foot braking. I decided running the Zeus tomorrow in single figure temperatures
which not being able to walk wasn't very sensible at all.

Thanks Kenton, I didnt see this posted. Hope Jeff is okay and recovers quickly.

Thanks for posting up, saved me a wasted 150 mile round trip.

jeffw - 20/3/18 at 09:03 AM

Sorry. missed this. I've broken my leg

jeffw - 20/3/18 at 09:04 AM

There will be other cars there though.

tims31 - 20/3/18 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
There will be other cars there though.

Yeah, but I really wanted to see the zeus run and its a 150 mile round trip. Never mind I will just have to see it at one of the sprint rounds instead.

I hope the leg gets better soon Jeff

jeffw - 20/3/18 at 10:36 AM

Really sorry Tim. The leg will be in plaster for 6 weeks so, hopefully back at it after that.

Going to try and do Blyton on the 22nd April but it maybe just a little early.

tims31 - 20/3/18 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Really sorry Tim. The leg will be in plaster for 6 weeks so, hopefully back at it after that.

Going to try and do Blyton on the 22nd April but it maybe just a little early.

Not a problem Jeff, was just looking forward to seeing it run and test days are better than a sprint as you only see a quick once by.

I think I'll be working on the 22nd but may be able to swap some shifts around.

Here's to a speedy recovery