Board logo

Aeries Motorsport
StevieB - 13/2/17 at 10:23 PM

Does anyone know if Aeries are still trading?

I'm ramping up for my next build and always liked the Loco - dropped them a line for a price list and not heard anything back yet. Are they still around and trading?

daniel mason - 13/2/17 at 10:28 PM

Pretty sure they've been bought out and are still making the loco. As well as the ab sabre

bi22le - 13/2/17 at 10:46 PM

Im sure they have now gone into business with AB Motorsport.

Unless there is another company with a similar name.

bi22le - 13/2/17 at 10:47 PM

Is this them?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=207479

StevieB - 13/2/17 at 10:51 PM

That's them.

I'll give them a few more days before I follow up I guess.

MikeR - 13/2/17 at 11:43 PM

Contact them via facebook. They're now based in south wales (i don't think its the same people who took over from Stuart Taylor - but aren't sure).

StevieB - 14/2/17 at 07:21 AM

No I think it changed hands again - I seem to recall that the guy who bought the business from Stuart Taylor (changing the name to Aeries) was based in Derbyshire.

I'm in 2 minds to be honest - how hard should you have to work as a customer if you're thinking about spending money... but I do like the kit they sell and there aren't many quality, race proven options at the budget end of the scale these days.

CC Cyclone - 14/2/17 at 01:44 PM

Is there a phone number? Quickest way to answer a question....

gaz_gaz - 14/2/17 at 04:03 PM

I think the guys from Aries are up at Andy Bates's place this week working on the ecoboost/sadev Arion..

Sure I read something along those lines on Andys facebook page.

Andy B - 14/2/17 at 08:27 PM

Hi all
Aries is indeed going strong and now have the G2 Sabre in their range along with the a Locoblade.
AB Performance has entered into a working partnership with Aries that will see them stocking and supplying both the Arion S2 and the new 7 inspired car.
We are currently working with Phil and the guys and girls (Phil's Mrs Beth runs the business with him) on the new Ecoboost powered Arion and indeed they have been at our unit this week so this might explain your difficulty in contacting them.
I assure you Phil eat sleeps and drinks motorsport, if you still struggle to get hold of him call me at AB Performance and I will get your details to him
Hope that helps
Andy

[Edited on 14/2/17 by Andy B]

StevieB - 14/2/17 at 09:48 PM

Cheers Andy. There's no major rush, I was just checking up on whether the business was still up and running - glad to hear it is!

Sabre is an awesome looking thing, but my budget will only go as far as the basic Locoblade for the time being - which is no bad thing since it seems to have decent racing form in it's own right

Andy B - 14/2/17 at 10:26 PM

No problem Steve - I will be talking with Phil tomorrow and let him know you are trying to get hold of him
Best regards
Andy

cjwood23 - 28/3/17 at 03:19 PM

Good to see the car is still in production.

Does anyone have a link to any build blogs/threads for the Aries Locost (Other than Happy Fathers - which I've read)?.

Nathsx - 29/3/17 at 07:36 AM

I have a pricelist from jan 2017 for the arion S2 if anyone needs a look

cjwood23 - 4/4/17 at 10:07 PM

Had an email off Phil today with Locost price list if any one is interested.

Nathsx - 5/4/17 at 08:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cjwood23
Had an email off Phil today with Locost price list if any one is interested.

u2u