Board logo

Something completely different
Mr Whippy - 2/2/20 at 10:13 AM

Those who know me would say I either fly model planes or live in a garage...that's it

But a few years ago my folks bought me a set of roller blades however the kids were too young for me to be falling over and looking after them at the park so they got stuffed in a cupboard and forgotten about. Then recently I watched Paranoia Agent and remembered about the blades...so off to the park with ma blades and kids now on their scooters great fun

Last night I went to my first ever roller disco (me at a disco lol wtf!) have to say it's been a long time since I've had so much fun and I'm 46 too and could still walk after 2hrs of that but I think I learned more in that one evening than 6 months in the park.

So there you go maybe something you could try, if I can anyone can. I highly recommend it oh and it was just £8 for 2hrs what a bargain.

SJ - 2/2/20 at 07:30 PM

Rather you than me! My girls got the hang of them pretty quick, but I think I'll stick to my bike, or at a push a skateboard.

ReMan - 2/2/20 at 09:29 PM

Rather you than me on this one, but well done for doing something new @nd different

Mr Whippy - 3/2/20 at 07:14 AM

always good to try something different if only to check if your missing out on something.

unitedsk8s is the company who runs these events around the country, they have a facebook page and hire skates out at the time. Now my older daughter wants to learn

steve m - 3/2/20 at 09:32 AM

Now were are my Jacko's ?

nick205 - 3/2/20 at 10:40 AM

Well done for getting out there and doing it!

Asa youth (I'm 46 now as well) I was big time into roller skating and roller discos. I was the proud owner of Graf GTX175s and loved it. For reasons unknown I threw them out some years ago and since wish I hadn't.

Fantastic way of keeping in shape and having fun with the kids on their scooters as well.

Benzine - 3/2/20 at 02:10 PM

Sounds like fun! Saw this the other day and thought of you. Been in a time machine?

Mr Whippy - 3/2/20 at 03:30 PM

I think you might be a little out of touch with the whole rc plane scene...by a half dozen decades, we have moved on a bit since then but it is a cool van

Time machine, yip been to the future

Want to get lights in my blades wheels, looks very cool

You know that company is still going! I guess the van worked... linky

[Edited on 3/2/20 by Mr Whippy]