Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New project
Yazza54

posted on 26/9/16 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
This is how the car is at the mo, had new custom driveshafts as I managed to snap one, they were just crap mgf/Honda welded ... oops! various other bits. haven't been updating here too much as there wasn't an awful lot of interest lol but anyway, this is how it looks now and is running well.

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

swanny

posted on 26/9/16 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
looks great! well done. cracking cars

paul

adithorp

posted on 26/9/16 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Been following the progress on pistonheads. Have you much more to planned or is it a case of use it a bit and see what else pops up?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Yazza54

posted on 26/9/16 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah just need to get some miles on it and see what crops up but I am going to add some sound deadening to the door cards as the rattling is doing my head in!!

Also got a new gadget that allows me to switch between different maps, so need to fit that to the ECU and wire a switch in on the dash, one is the JDM type R map and the other slightly modified with launch control etc. Not planning anything else too major though. I'd love to tune it some more but to be honest it's a great engine as it is and can't justify the expense at the moment.

Yazza54

posted on 6/2/17 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Made a decat up a few months ago

I was originally going to chop the cat out but it made no sense. Was pretty easy to make a new pipe without it, so it's a quick swap come MOT time.

It has a slightly deeper tone, bit more bass to it but not too loud, which is exactly what I wanted. Haven't actually driven it yet though so that's my only observation for now. VTEC crossover more pronounced ..and becoming addictive.

Latest update ...

Begun prep, goes for paint in a month - started with the boot, had a few chips out of the lip, tiny bit of crazing... also de badged it. Some may think that's sacrilege but I did it on my old car and it looked much better IMO. Going to go for bullseye lights too.

Also, Z cars developed a rear suspension setup some years ago that massively improved the handling. Now Z cars are back up and running with a new owner they've agreed to make a few kits, I managed to get a group buy together.. really looking forward to it.

The original twin trailing arm set up has a lot of inherent flex and tends to go out of adjustment. The z cars kit is more like a swinging arm, rose jointed and the mounts are fully braced adding strength to the bulkhead. Transforms the car from being "ok" to a genuine Elise competitor.... and considering the car has an Elise licked in many other departments (in my completely biased opinion ) it's well worth the money and effort.

SJ

posted on 6/2/17 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
I really want one of these!
rdodger

posted on 6/2/17 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Bulls eye rear lights? YAWN!

Come on Ryan, since you are painting it fit something more interesting.

Originally when the body was being designed Richard Oakes wanted Fiat Coupe lights. Or how about Elise S2? Just not 12p worth of Lorry lights!

Yazza54

posted on 6/2/17 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
The bullseye lights are the nicest ones available to my eye

Fiat coupe lights are completely different and I've no interest in restyling the whole back end

I know a few people have fitted LED versions but they always look tacky to me

Yazza54

posted on 6/2/17 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Like this bloody awful IMO

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/bulls-eye-led-all-in-one-rear-lamp-with-built-in-reflector-red-ring-125mm

SJ

posted on 6/2/17 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
I agree, the existing lights look great.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.