Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK INDY - probably recognised by a few on here!
jacko

posted on 10/4/21 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Wow wrayvon the car is very nice in the new colour you have taken the car to a different level to when I built it
With the new engine / colour change / windscreen etc
Keep up the good work and enjoy it

Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ragindave

posted on 10/4/21 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
That looks great it does need the wheels in black now they would really finish it off.
wrayvon

posted on 16/4/21 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys! And glad you approve Graham

I have no added some vinyl to it:

And yes, wheels will be changing, or at least colour changing

(oh I put my personalised plate on it too, so it really does look like a different now car!)

[Edited on 16/4/21 by wrayvon]

Edwardo

posted on 16/4/21 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Looks great! I do like the vinyl racing stripes on a kit.

I think the change of wheel colour will really finish it off

jacko

posted on 16/4/21 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good and a new number plate
If you don’t mine me saying I think others on here are right about the wheels black would look good
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
perksy

posted on 16/4/21 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
That looks very nice and the colour change really suits it

definitely needs black wheels now to finish it off

jps

posted on 17/4/21 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wrayvon

Do those headlights have integrated indicators? They look great, the whole car does.

wrayvon

posted on 4/5/21 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone!

Completely agree, the wheels will be changing or at the very least the colour will be

--

The headlights do indeed have built in indicators - they are super bright! One of my next plans is to replace the rear lights as they are a little dull. Will probably be getting LED ones... in fact I've found some lovely ones but need to figure out if they will cover the existing holes.

Thanks again for the positive feedback everyone!

wrayvon

posted on 15/9/21 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Quick update:

I replaced the rear lights!

Also had to replace 1 of the rear bushes so got some new poly ones for both sides.

Went to blyton:

Question for Graham... did you by any chance use a Capri clutch cable? It snapped on me at the weekend and have been trying to find one with the correct fittings on each end. I may private message you so you see this sooner!

jps

posted on 15/9/21 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
did you by any chance use a Capri clutch cable? It snapped on me at the weekend and have been trying to find one with the correct fittings on each end. I may private message you so you see this sooner!

Incase it helps and you need options - part QH1010 (P100 / Cortina clutch cable) might be useful to know about - pictured here: https://www.qhwebcat.com/en/clutch-cable/9996-clutch-cable-brand-quinton-hazell-and-reference-qcc1010-5016593065918.html

I know a lot of people use Capri clutch cable (1.3 is popular from memory -and if you need one of those I can sell you one - PM me!). But I found it too short, the QH1010 part is much longer, so can be routed well in my application (Haynes roadster, with Type3 gearbox).

wrayvon

posted on 15/9/21 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
JPS you are a genius - it's the 1.3 version I need as it's shorter!

https://www.burtonpower.com/clutch-cable-ford-capri-mk1-mk2-mk3-2-8-3-0-v6-69-87-qcc1045.html

This confirms it's 95cm which is the closest I've seen to the measurement I did yesterday (on the broken cable) which was around 76cm. The others I've seen look to be way longer!

To be honest it just means slightly larger looping than the existing setup but there is space there so I'm not too concerned.

Thank you!

jps

posted on 15/9/21 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Also - just read this thread in full. The skyline/horizon in the pic above looks very familiar to me, but I can't place it. Assume it's looking across to the Dark Peak somewhere and the skyline looks like something you'd see looking across the Penistone/Holmfirth area, but the tower blocks in the valley make me think Sheffield? Can you satisfy my curiosity/put me out of my misery?

jps

posted on 15/9/21 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
JPS you are a genius - it's the 1.3 version I need as it's shorter!

https://www.burtonpower.com/clutch-cable-ford-capri-mk1-mk2-mk3-2-8-3-0-v6-69-87-qcc1045.html

This confirms it's 95cm which is the closest I've seen to the measurement I did yesterday (on the broken cable) which was around 76cm. The others I've seen look to be way longer!

To be honest it just means slightly larger looping than the existing setup but there is space there so I'm not too concerned.

Thank you!

I've PMd you - but adding here incase others use 'search' in future! I've got a QCC1056 (also 1.3 Capri) going spare - which is slightly shorter, mine is 81cm (full length of the inner) - so nearer your original cable length. Readily available on eBay too -e.g https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233147053377

wrayvon

posted on 15/9/21 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
quote:

Also - just read this thread in full. The skyline/horizon in the pic above looks very familiar to me, but I can't place it. Assume it's looking across to the Dark Peak somewhere and the skyline looks like something you'd see looking across the Penistone/Holmfirth area, but the tower blocks in the valley make me think Sheffield? Can you satisfy my curiosity/put me out of my misery?

Well the Yorkshire part is correct! This is actually near silsden / on the back of ilkley moor. I think the view is overlooking Keighley of all places!

wrayvon

posted on 23/6/22 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Latest updates:

Carbon front arches
Black front suspension parts
... not sure if I mentioned new rear lights and side repeaters, but they're on
Removable steering wheel
MK gear knob

Updates still to come:
New dash and gauges etc
New wheels/black wheels
New side decals
New cams.... maybe/probably
New wipers
New rear brakes (already purchased)
New front brakes

Few pics:

[Edited on 23/6/22 by wrayvon]

wrayvon

posted on 15/8/22 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
Mini update: fitted carbon arch protectors yesterday.

(black bolts are on order don't worry!)

snapper

posted on 20/8/22 at 02:58 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good

[Edited on 20/8/22 by snapper]

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

wrayvon

posted on 7/2/23 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Couple of recent pictures showing my changes. Keep forgetting to update in here

Also I just noticed my grill has dropped on the last picture... guess I have another job to do!

jacko

posted on 9/2/23 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate long time
I’ve just been looking at the wonderful pictures you have taken and I must say the car has come on a long way from when I built it .
It looks fantastic what you have done to it &#128512; one photo you missed is the engine bay maybe in the future &#128077;
Graham

wrayvon

posted on 3/3/23 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Will do Graham!

Current list of upcoming changes:

Wheels (still not found any that are doing it for me)
Expansion tank and new hoses
Rear brakes (they're binding a tad and MOTs are getting nervy because they're rubbish)

---

Going to do an oil change this weekend then I think it'll be taxed and back on the road

Has anyone ever swapped glass for perspex also? As long as you get the strong stuff (similar to safety glass) I can't think of any issues... interested to know as I think it'll be a good weight saver.

Thoughts?

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.