Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 donor and other parts
ianhurley20

posted on 25/10/18 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
MX5 donor and other parts

I recently was involved in an accident where my Haynes Roadster was written off and I am very lucky to be still around. The insurance company has now paid up and I find I have quite a few bits for sale. I was gathering bits to build a Midlana but 'the boss' has now taken my kit car licence away so here goes witha list of things.

A pair of mk1 non abs front uprights that have been cleaned. They have one sheared bolt in each from the stone guards.
A pair of mk2 non abs rear uprights that have been cleaned. The top rubber bushes are probably shot but these would be replaced with bearings
in a midlana or can be changed anyway
New pair of hub seals.
A pair of mk2 drive shafts
A steering column.
Two steering locks with keys
A mk2 manual steering rack.
A set of two mk2 1.8 front calipers and carriers and discs. All cleaned and ready for a rebuild.
A set of rear discs as above
A handbrake lever - MX5
The above £110
A 6 speed Getrag gearbox that has not been cleaned but worked well before I took it out of an ST170 Ford Focus with
The gear lever and cables for the above - I was going to use MGF cables and mount the gearbox behind the passengers for a mid engine arrangement £25
An MX5 1.6 Mk 2 NB bare engine that I bought to put in my Haynes from Suffolk Mazda. It was described by them as having done 79000 miles and was a good runner. It came without acessories or sensors. I have cleaned it up and refinished the paintwork to a good standard as well as replaced the cam belt and water pump, replaced the plugs and oil filter and replaced three of the tappet shims with new to get all clearances correct. The engine looks really nice and is only £150
A 5 speed MX5 Mk 2 gearbox that also came from Suffolk Mazda, also described as a good unit. It has also been cleaned and painted. It comes with clutch fork and a thrust bearing but is missing the gearlever and I see that a wire from the speedo sensor is broken £50
A brand new 3 piece clutch kit for the 1.6 Mazda engines - although purchased for a Mk 2 it apparently also fits a Mk 1 £50
An MX5 Mk 2 prop shaft £10
An MX5 Mk2 instrument cluster with white dials £10.
A pair of green Tiger clamshell wings (photo in my archive). They have never been fitted but have been in storage and moved arouns so have a number of marks so would benifit from a repaint.
A pair of coilover springs 1.9" inside dia 9" length rated 250lb. They had been on my car but I changed them to 300 lb so very little use £20
I have the Ron Champion 'How to build your own sports car for £250 and race it' £15
And finally - I have the spiral bound secon edition of the 'MIDLANA' book by Kurt Bilinski £45

I have tried to upload photos for over an hour without success so anyone who wishes send me a U2U with an email address and I will send you some.
By all means make me an offer on items listed. I shall be listing them on ebay or similar soon if not sold.

I am in North Norfolk near to Fakenham and for most of these items would prefer collection although a number will be able to be posted I am sure

[Edited on 25/10/18 by ianhurley20]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

ianhurley20

posted on 28/10/18 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
This is an attempt to put up some photos with a link - here goes

that didn't work so here is the link direct

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/nC89KWLqYO

[Edited on 28/10/18 by ianhurley20]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.