Board logo

Noob ,now with car
Ricks-9r - 10/11/07 at 07:12 PM

I got this today & cannot stop smiling a few pics

i previously posted about a glass screen for Mac#1 type 9R ,I brought from a guy in Medway but previously owned by Chris Searl who had all the extras fitted i think ,ATM my main concern is no reverse as i cannot get in my garage without one ,Ill be looking to fit one pretty soon ,so can any one recommend a good electric rev kit or dose any one have a DIY Jobie using a starter motor etc ,any help & pics appreciated ,Also a thank you to Mark @ mac#1 Motor-sports for filling me in on a few details on this vehicle & who also built it cool:,hope you like pics & maybe see a few other owners on a Track day sometime ,Cheers Rich...:

[Edited on 12/11/07 by Ricks-9r]

donut - 10/11/07 at 07:19 PM

Looks great mate. Hope you have fun with it but just be carefull on the roads at this time of year as BEC's are a bit skittish on damp roads.

Love the reg number.. YAK!

jos - 10/11/07 at 07:19 PM

Hi rich and congratulaions on your new purchase

Guinness - 10/11/07 at 07:34 PM

Nice car. About the reverse thing, fit a winch in your garage. Saves weight when you are out and about!

Pull the garage towards the car.

HTH

Mike

speedyxjs - 10/11/07 at 07:37 PM

nice one

Simon - 10/11/07 at 09:00 PM

Nice car, but why don't you go in frontwards?

ATB

Simon

LBMEFM - 10/11/07 at 09:02 PM

Well done,looks good, I might see around on the Kent roads.

GeoffB - 11/11/07 at 07:55 AM

Us kent people are growing in numbers ..!!!!!!! well done mate..hope to see you at a few trackdays then next year.. i live in ashford so if you need any advice just give us a shout

geoff

Mag1caltrev0r - 11/11/07 at 08:22 AM

Nice car mate, bet you're well chuffed

Not that I have much experience in these but maybe wait until you've had a few months experience with the car before deciding on the reverse. Try and get used to pushing it backwards (it should be light enough to do).
Is your garage on a hill that makes it more difficult to push? A winch does sound like a good workaround.

Anyway, enjoy the motor!