Board logo

davidinhull - 17/9/08 at 10:47 AM

I'm a bit dim
how do I get a picture of my car in the big space to the left of this message?

Paul TigerB6 - 17/9/08 at 10:52 AM

easiest way is to upload the pic into your own personal photo archive (top left) and then find the section for your avatar within Control Panel (top right), [edit profile] near the bottom.

The Avatar URL you need will be under the picture when you open it - ie www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload etc etc

Howlor - 17/9/08 at 10:53 AM

First of all save it at the right size in your phot archive on this site. Then go under your options on the top right where it says you are logged in.

You can then pick the link to the avatar and insert it.

Steve

Paul TigerB6 - 17/9/08 at 10:59 AM

Good point. Mine for reference is 275 x 173 pixels in size. Try a search for resizing software if you dont have any.

PIXresizer works for me

davidinhull - 17/9/08 at 11:25 AM

If my cars ther now thankyou very much, if not I need more help!

Howlor - 17/9/08 at 11:34 AM

Well done chaps it's there ok!

UncleFista - 17/9/08 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Good point. Mine for reference is 275 x 173 pixels in size. Try a search for resizing software if you dont have any.

PIXresizer works for me

Which is 75 pixels wider than the site "recommendations"

It doesn't really bother me, I run my desktop at 1680x1050 but the larger ones can encroach on "reading space" if you have a smaller monitor.

[Edited on 17/9/08 by UncleFista]

oldtimer - 17/9/08 at 03:15 PM

Thanks for asking the avatar question - did I get mine right?? - yes (3rd attempt)

[Edited on 17/9/08 by oldtimer]

maskell01 - 17/9/08 at 06:18 PM

still stuck?

Blackbird - 9/10/08 at 04:14 PM

quote:
easiest way is to upload the pic into your own personal photo archive (top left) and then find the section for your avatar within Control Panel (top right), [edit profile] near the bottom.

The Avatar URL you need will be under the picture when you open it - ie www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload etc etc

That's exactly what I did but from some kind of reason I get the red X .

Bummer...

davidinhull - 9/10/08 at 04:49 PM

Hmmm!

can't help you as I had no idea what I was doing, just followed the instructions to get to this

(although I seem to recall when I cut and pasted the address of the picture there was some extra letters on the end/beginning that needed lopping off)

( had another look the [img] bits need removing I think)

[Edited on 9/10/08 by davidinhull]

iank - 9/10/08 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Blackbird
quote:

That's exactly what I did but from some kind of reason I get the red X .

Bummer...

You need to paste:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/E46-M3-025am.jpg

into the box, suspect you've either just got the /upload/E46-M3-025am.jpg bit or put [img ] tags around it.

Should look like this:
M3 avatar
M3 avatar

Blackbird - 10/10/08 at 04:06 AM

Thank you sir!
My mistress is now on display

Moti

CraigJ - 2/11/08 at 10:31 PM

testing mine.