Board logo

Photoshop my wheels
pekwah1 - 30/4/17 at 10:25 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone cleverer than me would mind photoshopping my wheels below.
I'm toying with the idea of a colour change so looking for someone to make them either anthracite or black (or both is even better)

Thanks in advance
Andy

Irony - 1/5/17 at 07:02 AM

Irony - 1/5/17 at 07:02 AM

TA-DA

BenB - 1/5/17 at 10:11 AM

It's witchcraft! Run away! Run away!

liam.mccaffrey - 1/5/17 at 10:27 AM

You see a few of these types of posts.... can you make my wheels/strips/bonnet some other colour etc

I have used photoshop and gimp a little bit in the past but how the heck do you go about doing that?? It does seem like witchcraft.

loggyboy - 1/5/17 at 10:50 AM

Plenty of guides online, I use a very old version call paintshop pro, must be 15+ years old, but still lets me do some nifty creations. Bearing in mind these are all 10 years old too.

Irony - 1/5/17 at 12:37 PM

I have been using Photoshop for 15 years on a daily basis and changing some alloys is dead easy. Youtube is a really powerful tool when learning how to do stuff. Photoshop costs a fortune for the latest version but in my opinion they haven't changed a lot in 10 years so old copy off ebay is a easy option. Learning the basics will come in handy again and again.

Irony - 1/5/17 at 12:54 PM

Here is a job I did for a client of mine - anyone who went to a large restoration show at the NEC might have even seen it. I ended up doing about 20 different cars in the end. I learn't the technique of youtube!!!!!

[Edited on 1/5/17 by Irony]

Irony - 1/5/17 at 12:57 PM

Honestly though, who takes their E-Type off road

pekwah1 - 1/5/17 at 01:44 PM

Thanks irony, not sure I like them in black actually...

loggyboy - 1/5/17 at 02:14 PM

Slightly lighter?

loggyboy - 1/5/17 at 02:17 PM

Or to match the body.

[img][/img]

Irony - 1/5/17 at 03:09 PM

I think the black looks sweet

pekwah1 - 1/5/17 at 03:39 PM

Haha those blue ones are hideous!
Liking the darker grey though, maybe that's the way I'll go...

Although picked up a new old set today...

steve m - 1/5/17 at 04:56 PM

Andy, I thought the black ones look good,
But isint it strange how some wheels look better in another colour ? as black ones or even green on my 7 would look dreadful

steve

pekwah1 - 1/5/17 at 05:31 PM

Yeh steve I think with the polished panels you need silver wheels....

I had black on the old yellow striker, but not sure it looks as good on this car, probably because the yellow one had black side panels so kind of matched.
I think I'll probably leave the silver 15" wheels as I'll probably sell them anyway, and gunmetal is looking like my favourite at the moment for the 13"

nick205 - 2/5/17 at 10:00 AM

I'd favour a dark grey myself over black. From experience they look cleaner for longer