Board logo

Battery cut off switch and Clock
pekwah1 - 4/8/17 at 03:04 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a digital dash in the kit, and also want to fit a battery isolator.
The only thing i'm thinking is that the dash needs a permanent battery feed for the clock, otherwise it will reset to 12:00 each time.

The only obvious thing i can think is to run a separate perm from the battery side of the isolator to the dash unless someone has a more elegant solution?

Regards,
Andy

theconrodkid - 4/8/17 at 03:35 PM

did that on mine,bridged the switch with a 1 amp inline fuse.

tims31 - 4/8/17 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Hi Guys,

I have a digital dash in the kit, and also want to fit a battery isolator.
The only thing i'm thinking is that the dash needs a permanent battery feed for the clock, otherwise it will reset to 12:00 each time.

The only obvious thing i can think is to run a separate perm from the battery side of the isolator to the dash unless someone has a more elegant solution?

Regards,
Andy

Also what ECU are you running, if you are using a standard Ford ecu then disconnecting the power will reset that too and I believe that learns over time of how it is being driven and adjusts accordingly.

pekwah1 - 4/8/17 at 03:56 PM

it is a ford ECU, i was thinking the same thing that i might need to keep that alive as well....

HAL 1 - 4/8/17 at 08:42 PM

Just a couple of inches of cable between the terminals with a fuse fitted as Conrod says, anyone tries to start it will pop the fuse.
You won't be disconnecting anything