Board logo

My car has been at the garage for 6 months now
JoelP - 27/12/23 at 11:10 AM

Took it in with a poorly engine, they sent the head off to be reconditioned, and it got dropped there, literally, and cracked the head! They spent many months sourcing a new head, to the same (I hope) spec. Finally going back together next week. Thank goodness I sorned it! At least I'm not missing much in this weather. I'm just calling out free storage, since it lives under a tarp on my drive usually.

obfripper - 27/12/23 at 02:42 PM

What engine is it?

I had similar problems earlier in the year with a customers Shogun, the head was not longer available from Mitsubishi, and the patterned ones from AMC were no longer produced.
I did eventually find a new Engineteam one from Slovakia and had to import it.
It did seem to be a decent quality casting, possibly better than the Mitsubishi original which had cracked between 2 valves and up through the exhaust port into the water jacket, a common fault which made using a second hand one not worth the trouble.

Annoyingly Engineteam is owned by LKQ who also own Eurocarparts, but ECP could not supply the head themselves, even though their own Vege brand reconditioned engines are fitted/repaired with Engineteam parts.

Dave

JoelP - 27/12/23 at 05:38 PM

Just an old pinto, but it had been polished and big valved etc. Unlucky for them!

perksy - 27/12/23 at 07:12 PM

Double check the head is the spec that it should be when it re-appears and not a 'cleaned up' standard one..

coyoteboy - 27/12/23 at 07:44 PM

At this stage I'd be charging them for loss of use. Theyre clearly taking the mick, you could buy a standard. One and get it modified but because you're kind and patient, you're waiting.

SteveWalker - 27/12/23 at 11:22 PM

Considering how long you have been deprived of the use of your vehicle, you should be looking at getting it back, work completed, free of charge!

nick205 - 29/12/23 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
Considering how long you have been deprived of the use of your vehicle, you should be looking at getting it back, work completed, free of charge!

Ditto

If not free of charge then a massively reduced bill!