Board logo

New grasser "superfiat 126" inspiration!!!
NS Dev - 11/12/06 at 07:36 PM

Here's a quick piccy of an "interesting" Fiat 126 to give you an idea of the sort of thing that the twin bike engine class 7 grasser will be!

Mine will have round arches (like the front on this one) all round not box ones but you get the idea!!

fiat 126 1
fiat 126 1

fiat 126 2
fiat 126 2

[Edited on 11/12/06 by NS Dev]

pjavon - 11/12/06 at 07:52 PM

Wow never thought i'd see myself looking at a fiat never mind a fiat 126. Where does this sort of racing take place as we have grass track racing around my home town but they don't have things like there.
think i would like to see these cars in action

nick205 - 11/12/06 at 10:16 PM

NICE

Looks a bit Metro 6R4 ish

MikeR - 11/12/06 at 10:23 PM

it takes place where ever you find stupid idiots mental enough to try and fit two engines inside that thing & then drive it!!!!

hello Nat

(scary bit is, i joke that he needs to make the seat adjustable so i can drive it!)

NS Dev - 11/12/06 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pjavon
Wow never thought i'd see myself looking at a fiat never mind a fiat 126. Where does this sort of racing take place as we have grass track racing around my home town but they don't have things like there.
think i would like to see these cars in action

The grasstrack racing you have seen is prob the same thing but maybe no calss 7 cars.

Obviously the one in the pic is not a grasstrack car, its some italian tarmac thing, but mine will be similar less wing and with round arches, plus it will have 2 bike engines instead of 1 alfa v6

SixedUp - 11/12/06 at 11:52 PM

I actually learned to drive in a fiat 126, in about a foot of snow. It was a hoot ...

Probably handled much the same way that a fiat 126 with an Alfa v6 will. Or two bike engines for that matter.

Where do I sign up? :-)

Cheers
Richard

hexxi - 13/12/06 at 06:19 AM

For what purpose is the fiat body? =)

gazza285 - 13/12/06 at 07:20 AM

Keep the mud off his boots.

Everything else will still get covered though.

And wherever he puts the radiator that will be where all the stones go.

NS Dev - 13/12/06 at 02:09 PM

Yep, right again Gazza!!!!!

gazza285 - 14/12/06 at 05:48 AM

Used to help a lad out, he had a mini pickup with an Essex in it, mated to an upside down VW box. 'kin horrible it was, not one of the wheels pointed in the same direction, or had even slightly related cambers, the gearchange was hit and miss, but he used to win now and then.

I gave that up to help another mate with his 210 Kart, I once did three laps of Carnaby before the bloody thing fired into life. Probably seized up as well, it usually did.

NS Dev - 14/12/06 at 08:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gazza285
Used to help a lad out, he had a mini pickup with an Essex in it, mated to an upside down VW box. 'kin horrible it was, not one of the wheels pointed in the same direction, or had even slightly related cambers, the gearchange was hit and miss, but he used to win now and then.

I gave that up to help another mate with his 210 Kart, I once did three laps of Carnaby before the bloody thing fired into life. Probably seized up as well, it usually did.

You don't know where he got the pickup from do you?

I know of a complete nutter by the name of Dave Otter (who advised me loads during my first year grassing) who used to have a mini pickup with an essex in the back, b ut this was a LONG time ago!

He's retired from it now to live on a canal boat, but to give you some idea of how much of a nutter he is/was, one year he wanted to go a to a big grassing meeting down south, and his tow car was terminally ill, so he wired up a pair of spotlights on the mini pickup, put a towbar on the back, wired in his caravan lights to it too and drove the flipping thing from Derbyshire down to Dorset!!!!!

Police "had a chat with him" (as he put it! ) in a fuel station, saying he shouldn't be towing a caravan on a mini pickup................he expained that "it's not really a mini pickup" whereupon the officer thought he was trying to be clever, but he pulled back the tonneau covering the engine up in the pickup bed and all was clear!!!!

He test drove my special when I first started out with it, everybody said I was nuts letting him drive it, but he was the best driver I had seen on the track. His class 8 special was a complete and utter shed, but he won every race I saw him start, against pristine brand new cars!!!!!! He virtually never used to lift off full throttle for a full race, just steered a hell of a lot!!! (bear in mind he was in his late fifties/ early sixties at this point! )

Wish he was still racing now, true character through and through!!!

gazza285 - 14/12/06 at 03:27 PM

God knows now, it will be at least twenty years ago.

macnab - 14/12/06 at 03:42 PM

that looks totally mad! brill