Board logo

Wheel Colour Choice
scootz - 29/7/08 at 04:46 PM

Afternoon!

Right... decided that the Spyder will be red with contrasting satin black wheels, grills, and flyscreen.

Was wondering if I should I go for a red rim on the wheels though.

Bought a nice set of Merc AMG 19" wheels and have given them a quick blast with some black and red paint to see. When I say quick, I mean less than a couple of minutes, so don't think this is what they'll end up like... !

Opinion welcome!

PIC

mr henderson - 29/7/08 at 04:54 PM

Not red! The car, I mean, not the wheels.

For a really good colour, may I refer you to Bond's DBS in O.H.M.S.S.

Wheels would be silver, then, of course

John

scootz - 29/7/08 at 04:57 PM

Ah... so you would have preferred if I'd left it the way it was...

PIC

mr henderson - 29/7/08 at 05:01 PM

Personally I prefer more spokes.

You're going to need some big brakes to fill those wheels!

clairetoo - 29/7/08 at 05:16 PM

I saw an ultima at Laon this year that was Kawasaki green with black wheels , with a matching green pin-stripe round the wheel rims .
It looked great (I've had to adjust the picture to get the rims to show , but you get the idea...)

[img][/img]

scootz - 29/7/08 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr hendersonYou're going to need some big brakes to fill those wheels!

How does a set of AP 4 pots with 330mm cross-drilled and vented discs sound!

scootz - 29/7/08 at 05:56 PM

This is the kind of colour scheme I'm looking for...

HERE

Fred W B - 29/7/08 at 07:01 PM

I love the look on the lotus, but the wide red rim in your first pic is too much for me. Maybe a pin strip in red if you must, but I prefer it without any stripe.

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 29/7/08 by Fred W B]

mr henderson - 29/7/08 at 07:07 PM

Good job we are all different, personally I think that Lotus looks awful, but then it's not mine so it doesn't matter (not that I could get in it anyway!)

If it was my Ultima then it would get the same colour all over (not the glass!), natural colour wheels and not have a 'scheme' at all. But then it isn't, so that's alright.

How about a nice pale metallic blue, like some of the early E types FHC's?

John

[Edited on 29/7/08 by mr henderson]

Fred W B - 29/7/08 at 07:09 PM

But then I also think this looks good

No offense John, as you say just as well tastes differ, otherwise we would all be driving the same car

Cheers

Fred W B
[img][/img]

scootz - 29/7/08 at 08:02 PM

I know what your saying John, but I don't think an Ultima will ever look classy like an Aston. I just think that silvers or pale blue will look wishy-washy on this car.

Ultima's are vulgar snorting beasts and should be dressed as such

Joking aside - I just think it needs a bold colour... I had thought of doing it in Gulf racing colours... !

scoop - 29/7/08 at 09:32 PM

I love red but dont paint those gorgeous wheels

scootz - 29/7/08 at 09:33 PM

I have to Scoop... nice as they are au naturel, polished is just too bling for me!

pbura - 30/7/08 at 01:06 AM

How about white wheels with the red paint?

scootz - 30/7/08 at 01:52 PM

I can't see the grills, screen, etc in white, so will have to pass on that one Pete

Alan B - 30/7/08 at 02:58 PM

In my opinion black wheels are awful....cant understand why they are so popular..........they really suck the light away.

Wheels should be satin Ali/silver....IMO